Joe's face

Joe is a great keeper and will only improve on the world stage. He is, however, gash at saving pens, always has been. A little more mental maturity required, a la Buffon, Clemence, Corrigan, etc.

im sure i read a stat saying that its 12/100 chance of saving a penalty (on average) as the size of the keeper counts, a good keeper can guess the right way but it takes a great keeper to keep it out

hart could of guessed the right way to all of them but whos to say he would of been that 2 inchs taller to save ballos or the pen taking putting too much power in for the keep to save and claw away?

seriously do some people actually play football in full size nets? them things are huge and to save a pen in them are nearly impossible, takes a great amount of luck or a terrible penalty to even stand half a chance

The lesson to be learned from the penalty shoot-out vs Italy....was that it's not just about the goalkeeper studying past video footage of the penalty takers....
...it's about intelligent penalty takers studying the moves / tactics of the goalkeeper on the night....

Pirlo's panenka chip was the "mental" turning point in the shoot out... and Joe now looks a little silly for bigging up his pre-match research, when Pirlo clearly has form for this sort of chip.

Hodgson was right to say that the shoot-out is like a separate match within a match...and just like the main event...Italy were a class above England.

squirtyflower said:
Craig said:
Pirlo said that is why he decided to chip it to make Joe look an arse after his antics.
and had Joe stood up Pirlo would have been the arse

Unless Pirlo, anticipating/reading Joe's anticipation/reading of his penalty being stuck down the middle, then puts it in of one of the corners, making the stationary/slow off the mark Joe Hart look like an arse - as Balotelli does to pretty much every keeper he takes a penalty against.

It's good this game.

city1999 said:
Not got any pictures , but he did look a bit of a plank
Making faces towards the penalty takers!
I thought he may of saved atleast one, the way he's been going on
That he had studied them

He's face says it all.

I honestly can not believe people are slating Joe. How many times has he produced world class ability to win us games this season! As well as that no keeper is expected to save a penalty. Yes i could have saved Pirlo's....IF i knew he was going to do that.

You can watch all the videos of penalties you want but its about that moment, that penalty and its not easily guessed. Cut him some slack!!

It's hilarious on ragcafe!! They are practically saying De Gay is a better goalkeeper than Hart!

He really is absolute gash!!!!

sambacity4eva said:
I honestly can not believe people are slating Joe. How many times has he produced world class ability to win us games this season! As well as that no keeper is expected to save a penalty. Yes i could have saved Pirlo's....IF i knew he was going to do that.

You can watch all the videos of penalties you want but its about that moment, that penalty and its not easily guessed. Cut him some slack!!
Who's slating him?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.