Joey Barton

pudge said:
That's just short of 1/3 of the season, some captain...

He's disgraced every club who ever gave him the honour of playing for! I hope Hughes hits him with EVERYTHING he can!

TGR said:
GazC said:
TGR said:
They won't because they can't unfortunately. Footballers contracts are 100% watertight. He will get paid also!

Pretty sure that's a water tight case for gross misconduct.

yeah... just like Tevez eh? I tell you 100% watertight!

Why would the club sack Tevez when he still had value on the pitch, as we saw in the remaining games, and transfer value.

Are you really trying to compare the two? Just man up, say you got it wrong and stop clutching at straws.

Barton initially refused to leave the field and took to Twitter to defend his actions before apologising to QPR fans.

In the immediate aftermath of the game, Barton tweeted: "People are forgetting Tevez started the fracas by throwing a punch to the head.

"Can do nothing but apologise to the players and the fans. Still don't think its a sending off."

The following day he tweeted: "Right, enough about yesterday, I apologise to everyone offended by it.

"If that's not enough for some, so be it. Life is too short."

He added: "Things happen on the pitch, in the heat of battle sometimes. Not how we always plan them to happen."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18183661
Typical Barton. I heard him on the radio once whingingly defending his indefensible behaviour. He hasn't changed. Plonker deserves to be back in gaol.

cavalier Jackson said:
It's an insult. If someone from the crowd would have punched him as he came off they'd be looking at a custodial

But that is a case for the police - I think that the FA did as they could without setting a precedent that would be a rod in their back later.

Now the police on the other hand could have got involved for the kicking of Kun because effectively he is was no longer part of play. But I think there would have had to be a compliant made by someone (not sure about this statement)

Strictly speaking it would be 1/19 that his first game is vs city, purely in the league. The ban also applying in cups somewhat complicates this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.