Joey Barton

Yes but it's also a stupid expression in that context too. You couldn't substitute in a word like "abortion" and it still provocative.

Which was kind of the point, don't use provocative language and then complain if you provoke the wrong people because you were too shortsighted to choose your words better.
I wasn't defending what was said, just pointing out that it had happened before with City.

Barton today apologiesed for any offense caused.

The BBC, of course, just couldn't help themselves.....

"The 39-year-old former England and Manchester City midfielder......."
Joey Barton started off his career with City and played more games for us than any other team.
I like to remember him when he came through the youth policy (no Academy complex and much success then) and looked a really good prospect.
Unfortunately, he has turned out to be a "wrong 'un" with his many violent outbursts.
However, remember that the added extra minutes when we beat QPR, were down to him and his temper. So thank you Joey...

Not sure in this case that the post match press conference of any Bristol Rovers manager needs such publicity. The fact its jb clearly is relevant especially as he cant help himself and its when not if the next one occurs. Merci

Barton today apologiesed for any offense caused.

The BBC, of course, just couldn't help themselves.....

"The 39-year-old former England and Manchester City midfielder......."
I prefer to remember him as a former Newcastle United player, especially on that occasion that the Toon fans were chanting “We’re got Joey Barton!” to rib us and we mockingly chanted back “You’re got Joey Barton!!”, the look on the thug’s face as he sat on the bench was priceless…:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.