Joey Barton

Sticking up for a racist , sexist cunting bully is a real cunts trick, think if he came after your wife or daughter with his hatred bile . Hope he gets arrested and fined for everything
I wonder how Joey's 10 year old daughter would feel about your offensive opinion of her dad?

Hope she wouldn't be too upset. She's only a kid.

Even though I think you're the opposite of what Stevie Wonder had in mind when he penned "Isn't She Lovely" I'd still defend your right to express yourself freely.

I’m sure you don’t need me or anyone else to tell you that there’s a world of difference between Bernardo’s lone tweet which was a joke between him and a mate, and Barton’s deliberately antagonistic behaviour on the same platform.
The 'line' runs directly between these two opinions.

That's an easy one for you and the other line drawing 'liberals'.

In the interests of an open society where freedom of expression is valued, even when we disagree with the opinions being aired, I say no lines. (We have laws for slander and libel already).

Couldn't be bothered reading the pages added since JB's latest outburst.

Never mind. I already know what everyone was going to say.

I wonder how Joey's 10 year old daughter would feel about your offensive opinion of her dad?

Hope she wouldn't be too upset. She's only a kid.

Even though I think you're the opposite of what Stevie Wonder had in mind when he penned "Isn't She Lovely" I'd still defend your right to express yourself freely.

Wonder what she thinks of daddy when he beats up mummy?

He needs calling out for it, whether there's legal ground or not I'm not totally sure, but he's regularly such an arsehole that I'm all for it if that's what it takes to stop him.

His 'freedom of speech' shouldn't override other people's freedom to not suffer racist and sexist pile-ons, whether they are good at their jobs or not.

Being a twat isn't a crime, but being a twat to other people pretty much is. There's lots of laws that touch on that in one way or another.
Surely the power of the words of others should be strong enough in society to take his oxygen away, no?

Why promote the long arm of the law to defend against mere words? Which words? Said how? By whom? And who decides?

We can point and say “This word. Aggressively and derisively. Him. Us,” but where does it stop? How? By whom?

When did we lose the ability to denounce bad behavior, especially words? Have we lost the ability to simply ignore fools spouting nonsense?

And, if not, surely we need to set a very high threshold for any sort of legal jeopardy over words and their negative effects, yes?

If I recall correctly, he was employing the Elon Musk strategy of retweeting or liking fairly obviously racist and misogynistic comments about her throughout the initial row, and then claiming he never said anything racist or misogynistic or encouraged his followers to say anything racist or misogynistic.

But but but … erm, is that it ?! The world’s gone mad, obviously I hate him but come on let’s let him off the hook for this constant harassment and hatred of a black female pundit - he once said something bad about Shearer you know.

I’m sure you don’t need me or anyone else to tell you that there’s a world of difference between Bernardo’s lone tweet which was a joke between him and a mate, and Barton’s deliberately antagonistic behaviour on the same platform.
Reasonable people can disagree, but who draws the line? Where? Should it be where the sensitive want it, lest their delicate sensibilities be stressed? Or perhaps at the far end of the spectrum, where only the most hardened person might find offense?

It’s a slippery slope and once you head down it, there’s no coming back. Soon, what you say will be deemed offensive by someone and then what?

Calling someome a paedophile is a serious allegation because you're saying that they're something that is illegal. That could be defamation of character.

Saying someone is shite at their job is not the same.

Barton said something on social media, some people agreed with him, that's doesn't make him guilty of anything. It doesn't mean he's spearheading a campaign of hate and ordering people to go after her, and there's no proof it's racist or anything like that. It seems to be the people who are crying racism that are the ones bringing that element into it in the first place.

arresting or charging him for having an opinion that some people agree with is wrong, no matter what you think of him because where do you draw the line with that? It sets a dangerous precedent that people can't have an opinion about someone's abililty without the risk of being prosecuted, despite no actual crime being committed. What kind of country do we wanna live in?. I'd rather put up with a few mouthy pricks like Barton than facilitate society going in a direction where people get arrested for nothing more than an opinion.
So calling Aluko's dad a money crook, just because he’s Nigerian isn’t racist?

Sticking up for a racist , sexist cunting bully is a real cunts trick, think if he came after your wife or daughter with his hatred bile . Hope he gets arrested and fined for everything
I find those words offensive. What’s my redress?

Can you prove he’s a racist?
Sexist?
“Cunting”? (Although I think you made that word up out of frustration and thus have exacerbated your unprovoked personal attack.)
Bully?
What trick?
Can you prove he’s a ****?
Why would you further exacerbate your hate for his speech by bringing someone else’s family into this and wishing ill on them?
Are you a judge?
Perhaps just the jury and executioner?
What exactly do you mean when you say “everything”?

Your words are, at times, both very specific and extremely broad. You make very specific personal derogatory slurs, then call for ridiculously broad punishments for the use of language.

Might I suggest you take a look in the mirror? Or does your level of justice involve the notion of “two wrongs make a right”?

Perhaps, you feel like YOU are above the same laws you would have others prosecuted under, because you feel you have some righteous, albeit preconceived, bias against the individual in question?

I’m not sure what your motives are or what effect your words might be having on him or his friends, but I think I should complain to the authorities, just in case, and let some nameless, faceless bureaucrat decide what you mean, and why you’re saying these hateful things about someone you don’t personally know.

See how easy that is???

Remove any and all context and just put your strong language out there for dissection and it looks hated filled and completely over the top…which it is, for effect. I get it, but will the snowflake jury? How will the women feel about you calling him a ****? Or wishing hated filled things are said to the wife and children of anyone who defends him? What kind of cruel monster are you to wish ill on any children, let alone children you don’t even know? Does this keyboard behavior pervade your life? Do we need to investigate the rest of your online presence for more examples of your hate?

Now…defend yourself!!!

I only bring this up because the whole thing is insidious. It presupposes your language, taken out of context, informs the world of who you are, what you believe, and pins you with a scarlet letter if you use language “we” don’t like.

There are multiple instances of way OTT posts on here. In fact, @SWP's back made a glorious one recently that was praised for its OTT ferocity. Should he get a knock on the door OR should we just accept it for what it REALLY was…a hyperbolic put down of another poster, made in the context of repeated, historic posts that have been deemed ridiculous, or even offensive in their own right?

We can read and dismiss out of hand, read and respond, or simply choose not to read at all if we already know we have no desire to read what the person has to say through experience. Simples.

Or, should we be dragged, or worse, publicly for having a bad day online?

Just sayin’

And, I had no idea you used to be a sailor, you little potty mouth!

:-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.