Joey Barton

Somebody will know this, but how many times was Barton sent off either playing for City or against them? The two obvious ones are the QPR match and the Spurs 4-3 FA Cup. Two of the greatest matches in English football, never mind our own history. And he was inadvertently a big part of those games, was wondering though if he had other red cards were those games memorable for any reasons?
He seemed to receive a yellow card every time we played Everton.

Somebody will know this, but how many times was Barton sent off either playing for City or against them? The two obvious ones are the QPR match and the Spurs 4-3 FA Cup. Two of the greatest matches in English football, never mind our own history. And he was inadvertently a big part of those games, was wondering though if he had other red cards were those games memorable for any reasons?
Only got sent off twice whilst playing for us, once against Spurs in the cup, once in the final minutes at home against Bolton (2006) when we got beat 0-2 and Anelka scored twice for them.

IMO he was a "decent" player for us but a total loon off the pitch where his antics were reprehensible.

IMO he was a "decent" player for us but a total loon off the pitch where his antics were reprehensible
Agreed. I honestly thought when we sold him we were going down the next year, we'd some decent youngsters at the time (MJ, Ireland, Nedum, Micah) and Dunne but the rest of the squad were pure shite.

I'm back in the Sixties - It was 65-66 season and they didn't 'whip' us. I had a 3-0 thumping lodged in my head for the Ashton Gate game. We drew both - 2-2 at home and 1-1 at Brighstowe - and it was Neil Young who got our goal not D. Kevan. Mind, I can't remember who scored our last goal so a game from 55 years ago doesn't have much of a chance.

So Joey Barton has turned into the David Icke of football management. Noticed him banging on about ‘The Lord’ in some of his pre-match pressers recently but this is some next level batshit stuff, making the players walk barefoot on the pitch at Bristol Rovers to ‘soak up the earth’s positive energy’

So Joey Barton has turned into the David Icke of football management. Noticed him banging on about ‘The Lord’ in some of his pre-match pressers recently but this is some next level batshit stuff, making the players walk barefoot on the pitch at Bristol Rovers to ‘soak up the earth’s positive energy’

So basically, the guy's watched the Last Dance and decided he wants to be Phil Jackson. The main difference here is that Phil Jackson was a genuinely interesting guy who earned his chance to coach a top team after earning his reputation abroad, delved into spirituality and various cultures to find inspiration for himself and his players. Barton's just spent a while googling ideas after getting his first job because of his name.

"Sometimes football has to be a sanctuary from the outside world. A place where young men can come for lots of reasons to help them in their lives; from a mental health perspective, from a spiritual perspective, from a financial perspective."

Why does he talk like he isn't a thoroughly nasty piece of shit?

The problem is that certain people want to believe his reformed schtick and can't see the fact that the sad **** is as fake as they come.

I sincerely hope that Bristol Rovers get relegated and that Barton forgets to look both ways before crossing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.