John Carew [Merged]

Re: John Carew

Paulmcfc2703 said:
infaltablesgalore said:
Just what we need a strong target man. Not many better target men than him.
nope except............
Ibrahimovic-No chance we aren't even in europa league FFS.
Gomez-Apparently being chased by the big boys and again would want european football
Toni-Would be a very sensible move
Drogba-Would be a very sensible move but he is a class above us
Guererro-I take it you mean Hamburgs !? He isn't a target man not big enough.
Luis Fabiano-Again not a target man.
Amauri- Not a cat in hells chance lauding him away from CL football with Juventus
Iquinta- Very good player and a good shout and doesnt start regularly for Juve.
a pissed Adriano etc

I must be one of the few that likes him then? It appears that unless we are going to break the World transfer record on someone then the player must be garbage!

Carew is a real handful, he holds the ball up well and he scores goals (11 in 15 games this season)!

My only concern would be his injury record!

Daz_Blue said:
nickson71 said:
Daz_Blue said:
Possible swap for Sturridge ?

If we did go for Carew we can't use Danny as part of the deal as he'll be a free agent/out of contract assuming he doesn't sign the new deal in the next few days.

But we are allowed a fee due to his age are we not ?

yes put that is decided by an independant Tribunal which typical award a low fee with a high sell-on clause.

this fee is not negotiated by the club and as such it's it can't be used in transfer swap type deals

Sounds like a decent signing to me. Admitedly it's not one that causes a great rush of excitement, but he's what we need. He's bloody massive and is always a handful in the air, he's always looked a threat when playing against us, he would fit our current system very well, is adjusted to the Prem and England, and has been succesful already in a top 6 side. I would have to question when Villa want to sell though.

bluebarn said:
Sounds like a decent signing to me. Admitedly it's not one that causes a great rush of excitement, but he's what we need. He's bloody massive and is always a handful in the air, he's always looked a threat when playing against us, he would fit our current system very well, is adjusted to the Prem and England, and has been succesful already in a top 6 side. I would have to question when Villa want to sell though.

exactly ......... both him or RSC could do a good job for us and will give us different options up front

but both have had injury problems this season, however, if either of these players could remain fit I wouldn't complain about signing either

unbelievable! we're the richest club in the world and still there are people who would be happy with buying an aston villa cast-off.

Cant see this being true myself, if it happens Im preparing myself for a summer of dissapointment on the trandfer front.

Hardly gonna set the world on fire when he isn't 1st choice at Villa, but these are the type of signings we are to expect under the current management

badge said:
unbelievable! we're the richest club in the world and still there are people who would be happy with buying an aston villa cast-off.

I said I wouldn't complain

at the end of the day in this window we'll be after big names but if we don't get them we'll still need players to improve what we've got up front.

Who saying that we won't sign RSC/Carew and a big name striker

It's all about building a squad to win games and hopefully silverware but it doesn't mean that every player will have to cost £20+ million.

At the moment we need to clear out the deadwood, buy first team players and possibly some players to act as back up

we need to have enough quality in the squad that we can effectively change the way we play depending on the how the games going....or we not screwed if we need to rest a couple of player or cover injuries

We need to have options within the squad that we've currently not got

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.