John Carew [Merged]

Re: John Carew

No worries if you don't want him, you won't get him either way. Best striker we got and first choice when injury free. Everyone loves him as well, MON would rope himself if he sold him.

Re: John Carew?

carew carew carew more fucking bullshit stories, concentrate on mcfc.co.uk when it happens for real lol

Re: John Carew?

Got to admit I quite like this guy and he'd certainly add height to the front line, scores the odd goal and holds the ball up well. If true, I'd certainly take him as a squad player ;o).

Mike D said:
FFS some you need to give your heads a wobble we may be the richest club in the world but at the same time you've got ask yourself what other than money and affection for the club would any player want to come to the club? If you were already at a successful club bangin in the goals

Please for the love of god let this be a lie.

He's getting knocked out of the Aston villa team by heskey FFS!!!

We can do much better surely???

TrueBlue123 said:
Please for the love of god let this be a lie.

He's getting knocked out of the Aston villa team by heskey FFS!!!

We can do much better surely???

No he isn't. Get your facts straight.

I'd take him. Decent player who knows where hte back of the net is. You need to look at it like this I think. Consider the following list of strikers currently at the club:
Jo
Robinho
Bellamy
Bojinov
Caicedo
Evans
Benjani
Sturridge
Vassell

Now how many players in that list are better then Carew? Robinho obviously and perhaps Boj but he is no worse then any of the others. When you consider that it is quite likely that Vassell, Sturridge, Benjani, Evans may all go (And perhaps even Jo or Caicedo), it is clear we need in more then 1 striker this summer. Probably 2 or 3. Now we are not going to be getting 3 World class strikers in, whatever fairly land some of you people think we are in. Carew is a handful and a good player- his injury record is his one concern, but we could do a lot worse, and at very least he provides us with an option that we are missing up front. I'd take him over RSC that is for sure. People need to remember that this summer is as much about clearing out the deadwood and getting in some decent quality depth as it is about chasing superstars.

Daz_Blue said:
nickson71 said:
Daz_Blue said:
Possible swap for Sturridge ?

If we did go for Carew we can't use Danny as part of the deal as he'll be a free agent/out of contract assuming he doesn't sign the new deal in the next few days.

But we are allowed a fee due to his age are we not ?

Think we are seeing as he's come through our youth team

I'd take him.

Let's be honest wee ain't gonna get galacticos. It just ain't gonna happen.

this guy is big, strong, knows where the goal is and knows the Prem.
No brainer for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.