John Guidetti: 20 goals and 6 assists in 23 for Feyenoord

SCF08 said:
OurStand said:
Will he return to Feyenoord? It's been way to quiet and I don't think any club'd want an injured player, right?

Off: Found this class video, gotta love the face expressions of Guidetti and the fans at 3:18, haha: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZFH7scy3vY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZFH7scy3vY</a>
Feyenoord's technical director had a general meeting today with Brian Marwood and rumours are that any decision regarding Guidetti (renewed loan to Feyenoord) will be delayed until mid/end of August.

Guidetti needs to get back to full fitness first. It's still most likely that other clubs will be interested in him. Feyenoord have a better chance if they come through the Champions League qualification rounds first.
Would be the most pointless thing ever to send him back to Holland, either give him a loan to a prem team or cash in on him while his value is still high.

greasedupdeafguy said:
SCF08 said:
OurStand said:
Will he return to Feyenoord? It's been way to quiet and I don't think any club'd want an injured player, right?

Off: Found this class video, gotta love the face expressions of Guidetti and the fans at 3:18, haha: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZFH7scy3vY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZFH7scy3vY</a>
Feyenoord's technical director had a general meeting today with Brian Marwood and rumours are that any decision regarding Guidetti (renewed loan to Feyenoord) will be delayed until mid/end of August.

Guidetti needs to get back to full fitness first. It's still most likely that other clubs will be interested in him. Feyenoord have a better chance if they come through the Champions League qualification rounds first.
Would be the most pointless thing ever to send him back to Holland, either give him a loan to a prem team or cash in on him while his value is still high.

Agreed. I am sure if we put him up for loan we would have a handful of Premier League clubs fighting to get him.

greasedupdeafguy said:
SCF08 said:
OurStand said:

Who is responsible for getting the value as high as it is?

Do you want Guidetti to be another Macheda who gets shipped out to ''bigger league teams'' but never gets any playing time. He is 100% guaranteed to be a starter at Feyenoord. If he gets another season as last season, his value will become even higher. He can still learn a lot in the Eredivisie and especially at Feyenoord.

SCF08 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
SCF08 said:

Who is responsible for getting the value as high as it is?

Do you want Guidetti to be another Macheda who gets shipped out to ''bigger league teams'' but never gets any playing time. He is 100% guaranteed to be a starter at Feyenoord. If he gets another season as last season, his value will become even higher. He can still learn a lot in the Eredivisie and especially at Feyenoord.
The point is that if hes goes back to Holland even if he does have a great season he wont have learned anything different and would still not be proven at prem level, most people would call for him to go to a prem team on loan, so why not do that now. We no he can scored goals in the Dutch league lets see if he can do it in the prem.

Really John, you can do better than this.

-

Galatasaray are holding talks with John Guidetti's management team over a possible move from Manchester City to the Istanbul club.

Guidetti is reported to be flattered with the interest shown, the Swedish international told Turkish radio station, Radyospor, "Galatasaray is a massive club, they have wonderful support and will play in the Champions League.

"It's great to attract interest from such a club, Istanbul is a lovely city and Elmander has spoken highly of Galatasaray to me a number of times.

"I don't know what stage negotiations are at but hearing of the interest alone makes me pleased. My management team deals with transfers, they keep me updated with any developments, I'm quite excited about the current situation."

"Elmander is a complete player and a great striker in my opinion. He works hard for Galatasaray, it would be an honour to play alongside a player like him.

"Fatih Terim is a very experienced, well renowned manager. I know Hamit Altintop recently joined Galatasaray, also Melo, Muslera, Elmander are all quality players. Galatasaray have some fantastic players in their squad" he said.

The Swedish international striker was later asked whether Galatasaray being in the Champions League would influence his decision to join the club.

Guidetti replied saying, "Ofcorse its an important factor, Galatasaray are in the Champions League, my doors are open, were all going to see where I am transferred to."

Guidetti had an impressive debut season on loan at Feyenoord. Manager Ronald Koeman described him as having the potential to be as good as Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

The Swedish International scored 20 goals and made eight assists in 23 games for the Eredivisie outfit last season. Guidetti has two years left on his contract at Manchester City.

Galatasaray are coming off the back of a title winning season and will be using the lure of first team as well as Champions League football to help secure a deal.

The Radyospor ''source'' haven't mentioned anything about this interview on their website. Probably some nice fabrication work. I also very much doubt a Turkish radio station would be able to do an interview with Guidetti.

Feyenoord's technical director made a few very interesting comments today about Guidetti

''We are still battling hard to get a new loan deal with Guidetti''

''It speaks volumes that Guidetti has received squad number 60 at Man City. He would get a much different squad number if he was with us. I don't want to get anybody's hopes up but we will try our hardest to get him back''

He also mentioned that Guidetti still needs 2 to 3 months to fully recover from his injury. Feyenoord are keeping in touch with Guidetti on a weekly basis.

According to the most well informed Feyenoord journalist in The Netherlands, Feyenoord are expecting to renew a loan deal for Guidetti within the next 2 weeks.

He is still not ready to play and his fitness has put off clubs in signing him. City have no use for him in this state and it's almost impossible to predict when he is able to play. Some indications say that he might be able to play in October but it could be weeks ealier or months later. His recovery at the moment is about resting and hoping to get his strength back as soon as possible.

City would allow him to come back to Rotterdam because Feyenoord's medical staff and doctors are familiar with his injury and Guidetti can get his match fitness and value back up when he eventually recovers.

By the sounds of it nobody really knows when the lad is going to be fit to play.

In this scenario, why not keep him until the January transfer window? If he recovers quicker than anticipated we could give him a Carling Cup run out or two.

Then send him on loan to whoever.

King Of All Geordies said:
By the sounds of it nobody really knows when the lad is going to be fit to play.

In this scenario, why not keep him until the January transfer window? If he recovers quicker than anticipated we could give him a Carling Cup run out or two.

Then send him on loan to whoever.
It looks like this is going to be a possible scenario. Feyenoord are not going to loan him this month because a new diagnosis has stated that Guidetti will not be match fit before November. He will definitely be staying with City until the january transfer window.

Instead of Feyenoord getting someone from City, City will be getting someone from Feyenoord (temporarily). Feyenoord assistant manager and reserve team manager Giovanni van Bronckhorst is currently working on getting his manager papers and he will do an Internship with Man City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.