John Guidetti: 20 goals and 6 assists in 23 for Feyenoord

Re: John Guidetti: 13 in 13 for Feyenoord

Calcio said:
pauljv92 said:
Calcio said:
I think he will be sold in the summer. he's a very good talent, but he will have teams promising him first team football in the summer and from what i have seen of him, the guy seems to be very ambitious. He wont settle for being fourth choice striker. I also dont think he can be anything more than fourth choice next season as we have 3 top class strikers

Okay based on current form, who would u choose? Dzeko or Guidetti. Mario was on the bench for the firm 5 games of the season. Over 2 months. But mancini knows how to handle situations like these. In any top team guidetti wont be the first choice. But he will get his chances to shine. I would pick him over dzeko against the bigger teams anyday. Hes got that much potential and talent and im sure mancini can see that. Or else he would have let him go like so many of our other youth players.
without shadow of dount Dzeko. Im really happy for Guidetti, but the standard is so much lower in Holland than here. The dutch league is weaker than ever. Except for 3 teams, rest are not better than top Championship teams.

Yes but this is AJAX. A fucking CL team innit? what makes you think they are not better than at least half of the EPL.

-- Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:48 pm --

Calcio said:
pauljv92 said:
Calcio said:
I think he will be sold in the summer. he's a very good talent, but he will have teams promising him first team football in the summer and from what i have seen of him, the guy seems to be very ambitious. He wont settle for being fourth choice striker. I also dont think he can be anything more than fourth choice next season as we have 3 top class strikers

Okay based on current form, who would u choose? Dzeko or Guidetti. Mario was on the bench for the firm 5 games of the season. Over 2 months. But mancini knows how to handle situations like these. In any top team guidetti wont be the first choice. But he will get his chances to shine. I would pick him over dzeko against the bigger teams anyday. Hes got that much potential and talent and im sure mancini can see that. Or else he would have let him go like so many of our other youth players.
without shadow of dount Dzeko. Im really happy for Guidetti, but the standard is so much lower in Holland than here. The dutch league is weaker than ever. Except for 3 teams, rest are not better than top Championship teams.

I disagree. I would choose guidetti for his better first touch and his current form.

Fuck me, the food must have improved in Holland, considerably, since the days of chips and mayo?

More than half the players on the field appear to be at least half a stone overweight.

Guidetti clearly knows where the goal is, but so did Andy Mutch, Steve Bull, Andy Booth, Mick Quinn etc etc.

The boy is too slow, for this league anyway, and looks like he could do with dropping quite a few kilos.

Not for us, but sure will score goals all his career at a few levels below.

ajax is not better than half of the PL.......They really are not that great. Also just look at someone like Ryo Miyaichi who belongs to Arsenal. Did extremely well for Feyenoord. And unlike Guidetti he came straight away from highschool and never belonged to a professional football club or went to any academy. Was discovered playing for his school team, Arsenal signed him and loaned him to Feyenoord and went to their first team. Now he's not even doing well for their reserves

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Fuck me, the food must have improved in Holland, considerably, since the days of chips and mayo?

More than half the players on the field appear to be at least half a stone overweight.

Guidetti clearly knows where the goal is, but so did Andy Mutch, Steve Bull, Andy Booth, Mick Quinn etc etc.

The boy is too slow, for this league anyway, and looks like he could do with dropping quite a few kilos.

Not for us, but sure will score goals all his career at a few levels below.

Mate but hes only 19. give him some credit there for being so clinical at least. Its not like Dutch league defenders are total wanks are they? Vertoghen is playing as are a number of other good defenders and if he can score against them, he can score against the likes of the everton or blackburn and so on. He will be a legend for us. Tell me one other current or ex-player who had done what he is doing at the age of 19. Watch the Feyenoord vs FC Basel highlights. He was brilliant in the game. His flicks and link up play was great as was his vision, for such a young chap. His ball control was decent as well. The only think he really lacks is pace.<br /><br />-- Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:01 pm --<br /><br />
Calcio said:
ajax is not better than half of the PL.......They really are not that great. Also just look at someone like Ryo Miyaichi who belongs to Arsenal. Did extremely well for Feyenoord. And unlike Guidetti he came straight away from highschool and never belonged to a professional football club or went to any academy. Was discovered playing for his school team, Arsenal signed him and loaned him to Feyenoord and went to their first team. Now he's not even doing well for their reserves

I dont think 3 goals in 12 games is "extremely well".

i hope weiss and guidetti are both in next season's squad.

Calcio said:
Who is this 'we' you are referring to? It certainly isn't City, is it gooney.
How many different names is this now?
Still, no surprise to see him posting on a thread about a player Arsenal have been linked with recently.

We definitely need a striker who can come on and offer something different when games aren't going our way.

I'm not sure Guidetti's that player, but i'd rather we have someone like that on the bench than us just keep throwing midfielders on when sides are defending well against us.

We need a Plan C & Plan D. At the moment we just have one way of playing, which will come off most weeks, but when it doesn't we need a striker capable of finding the onion. Occasionally we'll stick wingers on and use the flanks more, with mixed results.

We can't rely on Aguero all the time, and with Dzeko off-colour and Balotelli playing when he wants/acting like a dick, one body in that position could've made the difference...although to be fair, few of us would've said Guidetti might've been that man before he went out on loan.

LongsightM13 said:
Calcio said:
Who is this 'we' you are referring to? It certainly isn't City, is it gooney.
How many different names is this now?
Still, no surprise to see him posting on a thread about a player Arsenal have been linked with recently.
what are you talking about?

pardoe said:
We definitely need a striker who can come on and offer something different when games aren't going our way.

I'm not sure Guidetti's that player, but i'd rather we have someone like that on the bench than us just keep throwing midfielders on when sides are defending well against us.

We need a Plan C & Plan D. At the moment we just have one way of playing, which will come off most weeks, but when it doesn't we need a striker capable of finding the onion. Occasionally we'll stick wingers on and use the flanks more, with mixed results.

We can't rely on Aguero all the time, and with Dzeko off-colour and Balotelli playing when he wants/acting like a dick, one body in that position could've made the difference...although to be fair, few of us would've said Guidetti might've been that man before he went out on loan.

Lol true. But I think hes proving to be a revelation this kid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.