John Guidetti: 20 goals and 6 assists in 23 for Feyenoord

Re: John Guidetti: 17 goals and 5 assists in 15 for Feyenoord

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Mancini has been under too much pressure to risk playing youngsters on a regular basis.

It disappoints me a bit that we seem to just drop them in for 5 mins here and there and the odd carling cup game.

I cant see the pressure getting any less and I cant see Guidetti being happy with the odd carling cup game and stint on the bench so it becomes a problem for both.

The best option for me would be for him to be given an extended contract and maybe loan him to a club in a more competitive league with a buy out fee agreed in advance.

With our current striker setup it only needs one injury or suspension (or player being rested) for a 4th striker to get on the bench. Considering Balotelli is often suspended and all three of our strikers have had injuries this season, a fourth striker would probably already have around 20 appearances for us this season. Jo - 23 appearances for us last season.

And who is to say he couldn't knock Dzeko out of the first team? Dzeko has had long patches of very poor form that a fourth striker could have exploited to get himself in the first team. Obviously we have no idea how well Guidetti will perform in the Premier League yet but if we don't try him we'd be making a huge mistake - it is no coincidence that Arsenal and Bayern are seriously looking at him, their scouts are good at recognising attacking talent.

spacecadet said:
Let's not get carried away - Samaras and Suarez scored goals in that league.

Guidetti: 17 goals in 15
Suarez at age 21 in Ajax: 19 in 35 (same ratio as Guidetti during his last season)
Samaras last season: 6 in 14

Suarez is an asset to Liverpool in this league and has been praised for it, though he needs to score more goals.

Now Inter join race for City starlet
Published 22:30 15/02/12 By John Cross

Inter Milan are keen on signing Manchester City starlet John Guidetti.

The Swedish striker, 19, is currently on loan at Dutch side Feyenoord but is seen as a real prospect.

Inter have tracked him in the past, as have Arsenal and Bayern Munich .

He is not far behind Dzeko and Balotelli, wouldn't suprise me if he keep developing he will be just as good as Dzeko. Age and pricetag shouldn´t make Dzeko start infront of him if he show more quality.

He puts so much time and effort in extra training with his father to become better.
When he was on swedish tv interview 2 year ago he said he was practising 5 hours a day.
He really have a winning mentality and will to be the best.

doomuk said:
ban-mcfc said:
lets get him back in england next year, either playing for us in cup comps or on loan somewhere.

Bollocks to that, let's give him a decen runout in the first team!

fine by me.

Tell Tevez to do one and wait for Johnny boy. I would sleep much better at night.

His goal numbers tell us that he's a star in that league. Unfortunately it tells us nothing about how he would do in the BPL. All we can do is wait for him to get back and train with the squad. Then Mancini can see if he's one of our four best strikers.

People cite strikers who came from holland and failed as an argument against him but.... The two best true strikers of my lifetime van basten and the real ronaldo came into Europe through the Dutch league and berg lamp, van nistelroy etc were not slouches. You put up the 5 best strikers out of holland (firts euro club) compared to out of England and I know who would win

Dzeko & Hyde said:
His goal numbers tell us that he's a star in that league. Unfortunately it tells us nothing about how he would do in the BPL. All we can do is wait for him to get back and train with the squad. Then Mancini can see if he's one of our four best strikers.

Ronaldinho was a star in the dutch league and moved to Spain where he won a Ballon D'or. Guidetti is good enough to be on our bench.

All this nonsense "Oh will he do well here though!?" is pointless, because we will never know the answer unless he gets some chance.

Bazzmand Show said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:

Ronaldinho was a star in the dutch league and moved to Spain where he won a Ballon D'or. Guidetti is good enough to be on our bench.

All this nonsense "Oh will he do well here though!?" is pointless, because we will never know the answer unless he gets some chance.

Ronaldinho came from psg mate, never played in holland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.