John Guidetti

LoveCity said:
woahmark said:
This. He needs game time this season. Speaking of those academy graduates, who do you think will be in it? Razak, Guidetti, Suarez and Rekik? Lopes and Pozo both worth a shout too.

Absolutely no idea, I don't think it can be overstated the difference in level between reserve and top flight football which is why we just don't know until we see them tested over a period of time at a good level. The signs have been very good with Guidetti though, not just because he did so well at Feyenoord but because top scouts from top clubs have given him glowing reports. Teams like Arsenal, Bayern, and Inter all scouted him last year and were said to be impressed. Not exactly Preston, Rochdale, and Oldham where half of our academy boys seem to end up. Guidetti seems to be on another level to our academy graduates of late, whether he's quite our level remains to be seen but he has to be tested over a good period of time (ie. not 3 average performances then "he's not good enough!") in order to find out!

Hmm, good thoughts. I am surprised with the number 4 academy graduates in first team, that's quite a lot in such a short time.

tbh mark when u think about it, it really isn't. Txiki is expecting big things

POW POW POW... this guy is something else!

<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/gOKCv8nRwfs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/gOKCv8nRwfs</a>

We'll open Pandora's box when Guidetti pulls on that blue shirt!

LoveCity said:
uwerosler28 said:
ban-mcfc said:
if fit and ready, he has to be given a go.

play him up top with aguero and lets see what he's got.
youd seriously play a unproven kid ahead of edin and tevez ?

Just how proven does someone need to be before we give him a chance, especially with so little on the line now in our league campaign? There is no better time to give Guidetti a chance - if he can reach a sufficient level of fitness - than in what is left of the season, it'll give us a chance to test him before next season as it's almost definite that Dzeko (our only current old fashioned centre forward) is leaving the club this summer. Maybe not Newcastle which is probably our toughest remaining home game but we have Wigan, West Brom, West Ham, and Norwich left at home. Guidetti scored a hat-trick against a superior team to all of these (Ajax) last season and another hat-trick against a team (FC Twente) that could at least be argued to be better than all except maybe West Brom.

If Guidetti was owned by Feyenoord right now, high profile clubs would be lining up to sign him after he scored 20 goals in 23 games for them last year. We sent him on loan to test him, he succeeded, what's next? If our football club has a spine we won't be afraid to give a kid a chance if he shows signs of being able to adapt to a high level. Guidetti has done everything asked of him and deserves some sort of chance, even if it's 30 minutes off the bench.

Otherwise we are simply Chelsea v2 where managers are too frightened to play some of their talented kids (they have one of the best academies in the country) because of the shadow of Roman. I think we intend to be the very opposite especially after Begiristain told Van Bronckhorst recently that we want 4 academy graduates in the first team by 2016.

Well I think that's easy to say there is nothing on the line but the reality is Mancini's job is on the line. If he loses a few games the media will be in full attack mode. If he puts out those young kids and they mess up and costs us a couple games Mancini would get crucified for it. It's easy for Fergie to throw out the young kids because he could get relegated and nobody from the emdia would question if he should be fired. Personally I think we need to do a better job of loaning these guys out to clubs that will give them playing time so we can see what they've got wihtout having to worry about the risks of loosing games.

FantasyIreland said:
karen7 said:
bluemoon27 said:
seen him last week in motorway services on M6 toll road ordering kfc and he was chatting with the lad he was with and seemed to be pleased with 2 goals he had scored I think at Norwich last Monday

where does kfc fit in the fitness plan!

It doesnt,which is exactly why it was posted.

While not the end of the world...... Fast food should not be on John's menu right now.

If true,of course.

Wasn't it a piece of dodgey chicken that messed him up last time (I think he said at the home Ajax game)? You think he'd be bloody terrified of eating dubious chicken now, given it's pretty much written off a whole season of his football career.

Mr. Aguia said:
LoveCity said:
uwerosler28 said:
youd seriously play a unproven kid ahead of edin and tevez ?

Just how proven does someone need to be before we give him a chance, especially with so little on the line now in our league campaign? There is no better time to give Guidetti a chance - if he can reach a sufficient level of fitness - than in what is left of the season, it'll give us a chance to test him before next season as it's almost definite that Dzeko (our only current old fashioned centre forward) is leaving the club this summer. Maybe not Newcastle which is probably our toughest remaining home game but we have Wigan, West Brom, West Ham, and Norwich left at home. Guidetti scored a hat-trick against a superior team to all of these (Ajax) last season and another hat-trick against a team (FC Twente) that could at least be argued to be better than all except maybe West Brom.

If Guidetti was owned by Feyenoord right now, high profile clubs would be lining up to sign him after he scored 20 goals in 23 games for them last year. We sent him on loan to test him, he succeeded, what's next? If our football club has a spine we won't be afraid to give a kid a chance if he shows signs of being able to adapt to a high level. Guidetti has done everything asked of him and deserves some sort of chance, even if it's 30 minutes off the bench.

Otherwise we are simply Chelsea v2 where managers are too frightened to play some of their talented kids (they have one of the best academies in the country) because of the shadow of Roman. I think we intend to be the very opposite especially after Begiristain told Van Bronckhorst recently that we want 4 academy graduates in the first team by 2016.

Well I think that's easy to say there is nothing on the line but the reality is Mancini's job is on the line. If he loses a few games the media will be in full attack mode. If he puts out those young kids and they mess up and costs us a couple games Mancini would get crucified for it. It's easy for Fergie to throw out the young kids because he could get relegated and nobody from the emdia would question if he should be fired. Personally I think we need to do a better job of loaning these guys out to clubs that will give them playing time so we can see what they've got wihtout having to worry about the risks of loosing games.

Can I ask you this: Is his job actually on the line or are media saying his job is on the line?

I think we still have a while to go until we know if it's on the line.
I think he's safe as long as we finish second.
If we drop below 2nd then I'd put my money on him going.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.