John Guidetti

Re: John Guidetti's fitness?

Keith Moon said:
Hans Backe said on Swedish TV last night that John told him that he has to go out of loan or be sold in January..

Seems fairly obvious really. By then he probably needs to be playing once a week at a reasonable level. If he stays at City he's only going to start in FA Cup games and if the other 3 strikers are fit would struggle to make the bench for league games. He's not going to get regular senior football with us.

It would be a shame to sell him after everything he's been through and the efforts by the club to get him back. And we're not going to get much for him until he's proved his fitness.

Maybe a half next Wed? i'd like to see a few fringe players/injury returns/EDS involved in what would be the ideal opportunity IMO.

FantasyIreland said:
Maybe a half next Wed? i'd like to see a few fringe players/injury returns/EDS involved in what would be the ideal opportunity IMO.

I like the sound of that, hopefully MP will have the courage to give him a run out (we SHOULD be winning this one comfortably so he should half an hour at least). Out on loan in January and then we'll see if he can replace Dzeko in the summer (who will inevitably be sold, if not before then), or whether we have to bring someone else in.

I'd like to see him play some minutes against Plzen too, though I doubt we'll 'weaken' the team too much with the big win bonuses up for grabs in the Champions League (FFP and all that...). This is definitely a game in which we could rest Aguero, though, which would open up a place for a second striker on the bench even if Jovetic is by some miracle fit.

Is he definitely in the Champions League squad? Something in the back of my mind says he isn't.

Solihull Samba Boys said:
Is he definitely in the Champions League squad? Something in the back of my mind says he isn't.

Good point, doubt he would have been, however sure rules change every season and probably some clause about using EDS/Home grown players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.