John Guidetti

Re: John Guidetti's fitness?

garfresco said:
Could it be that he was only on the bench as a last minute replacement for Kolarov and there was never any intention to play him..
Still means he was fit to play some part, I mean if he wasn't then why not just keep Aleks on the bench.

As soon as Garcia came on for Sergio you knew Guidetti wasn't getting on, frustrating and disappointing imo. Doubt there'll be a better situation to bring him on, unless we play Spurs every week..

pudge said:
garfresco said:
Could it be that he was only on the bench as a last minute replacement for Kolarov and there was never any intention to play him..
Still means he was fit to play some part, I mean if he wasn't then why not just keep Aleks on the bench.

As soon as Garcia came on for Sergio you knew Guidetti wasn't getting on, frustrating and disappointing imo. Doubt there'll be a better situation to bring him on, unless we play Spurs every week..

if neither Kolarov nor Guidetti are deemed fit enough to play any part they should not be on the bench and someone else should. Boyata? Abdi Ibrahim? ok he's just come back to the club and may not be up to speed but he's just won the league with Stromgodset. If not then one of the EDS players, Huws who got a full Wales call up the other day? Albert Rusnak? Safe to say I'm not impressed he wasn't subbed on, in fact I didn't even notice him warming up at all. Not a very holistic display in this regard

mansour's tow ropes said:
pudge said:
garfresco said:

if neither Kolarov nor Guidetti are deemed fit enough to play any part they should not be on the bench and someone else should. Boyata? Abdi Ibrahim? ok he's just come back to the club and may not be up to speed but he's just won the league with Stromgodset. If not then one of the EDS players, Huws who got a full Wales call up the other day? Albert Rusnak? Safe to say I'm not impressed he wasn't subbed on, in fact I didn't even notice him warming up at all. Not a very holistic display in this regard

We did win 6-0 though ;-)

Jimmy Wheel said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
pudge said:

We did win 6-0 though ;-)

oh yeah putting it in perspective we still got a decent result;)

watched the tunnel cam earlier and noticed JG wasn't really joining in the warm up on the pitch (I didn't notice him going out anyway) and just seemed to walk around looking really pissed off. Probably nothing in it though

When you've got 7 players on the bench and only 3 can be used, its not that big a deal if one of them isn't 100%. With all of the recent reports about Guidetti being sold or loaned out in January, it might just have been Pellegrini's way of letting him know that he's part of his plans.

Considering Pellegrini wanted Guidetti at Malaga and enquiered about him 1½ season ago. So Pellegrini sure must have some faith in him.

It could have been 10 said:
Was surprised to see him on the bench TBH. Much too soon. He has only played 50 minutes in an EDS game a couple of weeks ago & from the comments of someone who was at the game he still looked short of match fitness.

He played 61 minutes for Sweden U21's last week & scored 2 in 16 minutes, so he is certainly ready for a place on the bench as well as a 10-20 minute run out at 5-0

kippaxchris said:
It could have been 10 said:
Was surprised to see him on the bench TBH. Much too soon. He has only played 50 minutes in an EDS game a couple of weeks ago & from the comments of someone who was at the game he still looked short of match fitness.

He played 61 minutes for Sweden U21's last week & scored 2 in 16 minutes, so he is certainly ready for a place on the bench as well as a 10-20 minute run out at 5-0

yup, the only downer for me which seems to be re-iterated by most people on here.

As soon as I saw the subs at the beginning of the game & it ended up being a drubbing it was a great opportunity to being on both Guidetti & even Dzeko even if it was just to boost both player's confidence, rather than to add to the scoreline. Didn't agree with the rather negative substitutions at the end which felt like we were protecting a narrow lead.

Doubt he will see any action on Wednesday - hope I'm wrong though, him & us have waited long enough!

Balti said:
Today was the perfect opportunity to introduce the lad instead of which we got Garcia for Sergio! wtf

I don't want to complain after seeing a 6 nil win but that was baffling. I still don't get that sub. it's not like we needed any protection for the back four or anything.. but, hey ho

and Guidetti Will get his chance if Pellegrini thinks he deserves it. if not, time to move on for both parties. JG deserves his chance somewhere and we got some other promising lads coming through like Lopes and quite frankly JG actually is behind Lopes in the pecking order (at least in my eyes).

I thought Pellergrini might have brought him on yesterday . Might have helped him think he might be the 3rd striker in the team .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.