John Guidetti

bluecityste said:
Can't we just loan them Dzeko instead?!?!

As much I would like to see that happening Dzeko has more experience and has show small signs of improvement in the Bayern game and that is probably enough for us to keep him for the rest of the season.

Would be good to see him get a bit of playing time before he goes out on loan in January.

Leicester in the cup next week would be ideal.

Got a lot of games between now and the first few weeks in January, so hopefully he can play a part in a couple

The problem with moving to the Spanish league this late in his development, he will struggle to get game-time as the coaches will not be impressed with his technical ability. Same thing happened with Weiss at Espanyol, although we ruined an entire year of his development by sending him to play sunday league football for rangers

blightee said:
The problem with moving to the Spanish league this late in his development, he will struggle to get game-time as the coaches will not be impressed with his technical ability.

No he won't. Betis are rock bottom and have only scored 14 goals in almost half a season.

They are absolutely desperate for a striker and Guidetti will start every week if he goes.

City have around 20 offers from clubs for Guidetti, so wherever he goes, he's guaranteed to play - that will be one of the terms.

Ray78 said:
bluecityste said:
Can't we just loan them Dzeko instead?!?!

As much I would like to see that happening Dzeko has more experience and has show small signs of improvement in the Bayern game and that is probably enough for us to keep him for the rest of the season.
Rather more than 'small' signs surely?
A good move for all. John gets his fitness and confidence back(not that lack of confidence seems to be a problem for him :) ), Edin hopefully keeps his performance from Bayern for the rest of the season and we create a bridge between us and a La Liga club for the future. All good as far as I can see.
We'll see what happens in the summer transfer window next year then.

Do Betis have a lack of playmakers? It's all very well and good starting every week but I worry his progress might be hindered if he doesn't get the service to produce goals. Strange choice sending him abroad would have liked him to experience the physicality of the English game. Swansea, Hull or West Brom would have been my preferred choices.

Wherever he goes, he needs guaranteed game time and to be playing technical football. Too many of the teams in the lower half in England are going to be scrapping away to avoid relegation in the next few months. Then we have the better footballing sides, Swansea, WBA, and Norwich, but they all invested heavily in strikers in the summer, and I just don't see their managers favouring a loanee ahead of their expensive preferences even if they are misfiring.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.