John Guidetti

He was in the first team once in 3 years. Based on that we have 4 strikers since years, all of the on huge wages probably, I think out of the youth players the strikers have the least cahnce to become part of the first team squad anytime soon.

When we had Balo, Agüero, Tevez, Dzeko there was no way a youth striker would get minutes to play. Even when Tevez went on golf tour for months.

Now the same Agüero, Negredo, Dzeko, Jovetic. Even if Jovetic is like cup tied for every match trough his injuries.

Also I think if we would have only 1 fit striker out of four, we simply would start with a 4231 formation, so Pellegrini also doesnt want two strikers all the way if it cant be 2 of two usual 4.

Not very holistic, but if everyone is injured apart from Negredo, he will put Silva-Nasri-Navas line behind him instead of Silva-Navas and a duo of Guidetti-Negredo. Its pretty clear from me based on the chances youth players got this season (none, zero).

Dont think we will see him this season play for us a minute or less. Also he is injury prone, he had that big problem eating some chicken but that was 1.5 year earlier since that he had many other kind of injuries. And since that he never really played full matches thats awful for a young improving player. Thats like he lost 18 months out of his career without improving anything maybe he even lost a lot of his skills.
That Feyenoord loan was really great for him, and a PL loan deal would be ideal for us to see how good is he.

Looks like he going to stoke.lets hope Hughes has the faith to put him straight in and hopefully show us what we are missing. If this deal goes ahead he is going into my fantasy league team because I predict lots of goals for him given the chance.

Sabbs flying foot said:
Looks like he going to stoke.lets hope Hughes has the faith to put him straight in and hopefully show us what we are missing. If this deal goes ahead he is going into my fantasy league team because I predict lots of goals for him given the chance.

You might be right, but I'm not 100% convinced. He's been out of the game a long time now. As another poster said, he's had that leg problem after eating the chicken but that was 1.5 years ago. He was supposed to be coming in over the Summer to get his fitness levels up and met Pellegrini on his first at the club. Yet, he hasn't even been playing for the reserves or getting onto the bench.

He's done nothing at City so far. He's played in one League Cup match against a no-mark League 2 team and did nothing.

People rave about his 21 goals in the Dutch Erie Division but in that same season Jozi Altidore scored around 20 goals for another Dutch club. Jozi Altidore scored 1 goal in his first full season with Hull in the Premiership (against us ironically). Jozi Altidore isn't exactly ripping up trees at Sunderland at the moment. So why is everyone assuming that Swedish John is even in with a chance of ever getting on our bench ? I can't believe anyone thinks we would have Jozi Altidore on our bench.

Or do they ?

I think he knows he can't live up to the hype. Bit like Michael Johnson. I think he'll stay out of the limelight, on the physio's bench or "working in the gym to get match fit" and earn another contract on the strength of his season in Holland and then see out his new contract on loan at various places or injured and then call time on his career when he's not offered another one.

CITYBOY1000 said:
Sabbs flying foot said:

You might be right, but I'm not 100% convinced. He's been out of the game a long time now. As another poster said, he's had that leg problem after eating the chicken but that was 1.5 years ago. He was supposed to be coming in over the Summer to get his fitness levels up and met Pellegrini on his first at the club. Yet, he hasn't even been playing for the reserves or getting onto the bench.

He's done nothing at City so far. He's played in one League Cup match against a no-mark League 2 team and did nothing.

People rave about his 21 goals in the Dutch Erie Division but in that same season Jozi Altidore scored around 20 goals for another Dutch club. Jozi Altidore scored 1 goal in his first full season with Hull in the Premiership (against us ironically). Jozi Altidore isn't exactly ripping up trees at Sunderland at the moment. So why is everyone assuming that Swedish John is even in with a chance of ever getting on our bench ? I can't believe anyone thinks we would have Jozi Altidore on our bench.

Or do they ?

I think he knows he can't live up to the hype. Bit like Michael Johnson. I think he'll stay out of the limelight, on the physio's bench or "working in the gym to get match fit" and earn another contract on the strength of his season in Holland and then see out his new contract on loan at various places or injured and then call time on his career when he's not offered another one.

it was against Premier League West Brom and he got the assist for our only goal, but don't let that stop you in your personal vendetta against him!

mansour's tow ropes said:
CITYBOY1000 said:
Sabbs flying foot said:

Or do they ?

it was against Premier League West Brom and he got the assist for our only goal, but don't let that stop you in your personal vendetta against him!
Beat me to it. Didn't he score more goals against Ajax in the Eredivisie than we did in the Champions League also?

aguero93:20 said:
CITYBOY1000 said:

Or do they ?

Beat me to it. Didn't he score more goals against Ajax in the Eredivisie than we did in the Champions League also?

yep, including a hatrick

SrilankanBlue said:
aguero93:20 said:

yep, including a hatrick
useless, sell him to brighton ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.