John Guidetti

BlueDejong

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/92312/malaga-negotiating-loan-deal-for-manchester-citys-john-guidetti/

Malaga negotiating loan deal for Manchester City’s John Guidetti

Malaga are reportedly in Manchester to negotiate the loan assignment of City striker, John Guidetti to bolster their attack that is in desperate for a goal-scoring option.

According to various sources, Guidetti, who scored 20 goals in 23 apperances for Feyenoord on loan last season, has yet to see the pitch this season, prompting Malaga to ask their former manager, Manuel Pellegrini for a favour.

Malaga’s new sporting director, Mario Husillos made the trip to Manchester to negotiate for the 21-year-old Swedish international, which should be concluded within the coming days after the two sides met following Manchester City’s win over Liverpool.

However, Malaga face stiff competitions from Feyenoord, Real Betis and Wigan but it is believed that due to the good working relationship with the club following the departure of Brahim to the Etihad several weeks ago.

Malaga and Manchester City are both hoping that they can continue this working relationship in the future, as it benefits both sides.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2013/12/28/4506923/malaga-leading-race-for-manchester-city-starlet-guidetti?ICID=HP_BN_10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer ... D=HP_BN_10</a>

Real Betis, Wigan Athletic and Feyenoord have all enquired about taking the Swede on loan, but their understanding with City has put the Andalusians in pole position

Malaga are leading the race to sign injury-plagued striker John Guidetti on loan from Manchester City in January, Goal understands.

Mario Husillos, the Spanish club's sporting director, watched City's 2-1 victory over Liverpool on Boxing Day and held talks with Txiki Begiristain over Guidetti on Friday.

Malaga's interest in the Swede was began last season under Manuel Pellegrini and they remain keen to take him on loan until the end of this season.

Guidetti rose to prominence on loan at Feyenoord in the 2011-12 season, where he scored 20 goals in 23 appearances and notched hat-tricks against Twente, Ajax and Vitesse.

Injury deprived him of a place in the Sweden squad for Euro 2012 and has curtailed his progress since and he is still yet to make a single senior appearance for City.

But the 21-year-old remains highly regarded by Pellegrini and his staff, who believe a run of matches between January and the summer will put him in a position to challenge for a first-team spot next season.

Real Betis, Wigan Athletic and Feyenoord have all enquired about the possibility of taking Guidetti on loan.

But Malaga and City enjoy a good relationship forged with the deal which brought Pellegrini to the Etihad Stadium in the summer and almost took Isco to Manchester.

Earlier this season the understanding between the clubs also helped City hijack Barcelona's move for Brahim Abdelkader, the 14-year-old sensation dubbed 'the new Messi'.

Sounds good, he needs minutes and we have four strikers who are all better then him. Hopefully he can find some form, we will probably then sell Dzeko in the summer and he will come in and replace him.

The lad should have been given some match time by now. What was up with the capital one cup. 1 or 2 young lads could have been given a bit of time there. The club talks about bringing young lads through. But I for 1 can't see this happening. Not when there is money to go out & buy the ready made & tested.

I think this is a very good idea its the next logical step because his loan at feyernord was fantastic for him but he then needed a test at a better level away from us to prove himself week in week out in 1 of the top 3 leagues to see weather he will be good enough for us.

I agree with El Mago would much rather him go to a premier team or a championship side to see what he can do in England and to be honest im not sure how good our relations with Malaga are was it not their owner that wanted Isco to head to Real?!

dachoosen1 said:
I agree with El Mago would much rather him go to a premier team or a championship side to see what he can do in England and to be honest im not sure how good our relations with Malaga are was it not their owner that wanted Isco to head to Real?!

Well, what makes you believe any PL club would be interested in taking him on loan, guaranteeing playing time?

I think the idea is to send John out on loan, to a place where he will gain match fitness and also become more familiar to our specific way of playing the game, possession based, attacking, ball on the ground type of football.

Malaga sounds like a good alternative for the remaining of the season. A full summer pre-seasons with us and then we will see just how good John is.

NoahCity said:
Sounds good, he needs minutes and we have four strikers who are all better then him. Hopefully he can find some form, we will probably then sell Dzeko in the summer and he will come in and replace him.
Aguero - obviously better, but injured at the moment.
Negredo - again, clearly a better player
Jovetic - a better player, but i think we'll be lucky to get 10 games out of him by the end of the season
Dzeko - I'd say the jury's still out on Dzeko being better than Guidetti. Dzeko's knack of occasionallly scoring brilliant/vital goals doesn't really make up for his knack of squandering chance after chance. We'd have to see guidetti play before we could say for sure

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.