John Smiths Grand National 2011

niall_mcfc said:
channel 1 on sportzrus will have every race live. BBC are only showing the first 5 races so if anyone wants to watch it will be on there. There will be a few more streams nearer the time and i will update on this thread.

Are you doing a tipster leighton because if your not i will do one if there are enough interested.
I would love a tipster. Looking forward to a few bets but as per unsure who to back need help/advice!

welcometomanchester said:
niall_mcfc said:
channel 1 on sportzrus will have every race live. BBC are only showing the first 5 races so if anyone wants to watch it will be on there. There will be a few more streams nearer the time and i will update on this thread.

Are you doing a tipster leighton because if your not i will do one if there are enough interested.
I would love a tipster. Looking forward to a few bets but as per unsure who to back need help/advice!

I will put day 1 up tomorrow and see how many replies we get before the 1st race on thursday. If there are enough i will do it.

I've always fancied going.

I'd probably go on the train with my daughter.

Two questions: -

Is there a dress code? My guess is yes in some areas.
Can you pay on the day to get in or is it tickets in advance?

pauldominic said:

No dress code - pay on the day,although expect traffic to be an absolute nightmare,especially getting away from the course.
I shall be going on the Friday,which is half as busy,but with arguably better racing,and you don't have to queue for half an hour for a bendy pint of Guinness!

pauldominic said:

Suit in stands, no dress code in Tattersalls or steeplechase enclosure but loads wear suits. Stands and Tatts are both sold out. Steeplechase is not really worth going in imo.

ox-blue said:
Rorz88 said:
Big bucks will nail it!

I wouldn't be so sure!

If the ground is soft then i fancy Grand Crus but it has to be soft all over not good to soft. If the ground is any quicker then Big Bucks will win but a thing that will help Grand Crus is if there is pace in the race. They went very slow in the World Hurdle and it didnt help Grand Crus and thats why Ruby rode Big Bucks closer to the pace than normal. The only pace in the race is Knockara Beau so it wont be a frantic gallop but i expect them to be going faster than they did at Cheltenham.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.