John Smiths Grand National 2011

Really don't like Aintree, the poor man's Cheltenham. Still, I'll be there Thursday and Saturday.

If it's of any help to blues who don't follow the racing, I've just sent this to my cousin likes a bet but knows nothing about horses

The race ‘trends’ are a good way of narrowing the field. Essentially, if you consider the profile of past winners, you begin to see patterns which can be considered to be significant. Don’t get too drawn in by price, the 2009 winner, Mon Mome (100/1), was a better fit for these trends than last’s winner which was 10/1.
Based on the last 15 years, you should want something:
• Carrying less 11’1 or less
• Aged between 8-11
• Last raced around 20-45 days prior to the race
• Been to Aintree before
• Jockey should have ridden horse before (preferably this calendar year)
• Raced over at least 3miles (24 furlongs), with further respect to those that have won over this distance.
• Had a least 10 starts over fences
• Placed (top 4 finish) in the last five starts
• Won a class one race

Don’t worry if the seasonal form isn’t that great, most winners of this had not scored in the racing season (from the previous Autumn).
The RP website will carry all of the information to narrow it down on the criteria above. I'll do a couple, but Arbour Supreme is certainly interesting. Right at the bottom of the weights, raced against current fav last time and only lost by length when carrying the same weight (now 10lb to the good) ticks a lot of the boxes above and value at 20s

LeeOnePen said:
Really don't like Aintree, the poor man's Cheltenham. Still, I'll be there Thursday and Saturday.

If it's of any help to blues who don't follow the racing, I've just sent this to my cousin likes a bet but knows nothing about horses

The race ‘trends’ are a good way of narrowing the field. Essentially, if you consider the profile of past winners, you begin to see patterns which can be considered to be significant. Don’t get too drawn in by price, the 2009 winner, Mon Mome (100/1), was a better fit for these trends than last’s winner which was 10/1.
Based on the last 15 years, you should want something:
• Carrying less 11’1 or less
• Aged between 8-11
• Last raced around 20-45 days prior to the race
• Been to Aintree before
• Jockey should have ridden horse before (preferably this calendar year)
• Raced over at least 3miles (24 furlongs), with further respect to those that have won over this distance.
• Had a least 10 starts over fences
• Placed (top 4 finish) in the last five starts
• Won a class one race

Don’t worry if the seasonal form isn’t that great, most winners of this had not scored in the racing season (from the previous Autumn).
The RP website will carry all of the information to narrow it down on the criteria above. I'll do a couple, but Arbour Supreme is certainly interesting. Right at the bottom of the weights, raced against current fav last time and only lost by length when carrying the same weight (now 10lb to the good) ticks a lot of the boxes above and value at 20s

Agree with the above. Narrowed the field down to approx. 6 or 7 each year including Mon Mome 100/1. Unfortunately didn't back it on the basis that French bred horses have an awful record.

You can narrow the field by using the above criteria using this <a class="postlink" href="http://www.grand-national-guide.co.uk/grand-national-form.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.grand-national-guide.co.uk/g ... l-form.php</a>

Westend Rocker at 33's looks like a lively outsider

welcometomanchester said:
Any one know any good free bets doing the rounds?
<a class="postlink" href="http://ppc.boylesports.com/static/online-betting.php?btag=25514" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ppc.boylesports.com/static/onlin ... btag=25514</a>

Boylesports have a pretty good offer bet £20 get a free £40 also doing five places on the national.

I'm going Saturday for my stag do. Fancy Ballabriggs, Arbor supreme and Backstage but might change my mind as the days go by. I like to look at the betting in the final few minutes too, usually a decent indicator.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
ox-blue said:
I wouldn't be so sure!

Me neither.
Ruby rode a blinder last time,but I can see Aintree suiting Grands Crus better,and the tables could be turned.
I agree. Should be a great race whatever.<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:38 pm --<br /><br />
shadygiz said:
i'll be there on saturday...probably be too pissed to see anything though as i'm on a stag do ;)
Don't get punchy!
As I remember, you've got a bit of form where large gatherings and booze are concerned...

I MIGHT have two spare tickets in the Tatts for this on Saturday, I will know for definite tomorrow. If I do they are going for face value+postage already paid and I will meet you at the Aintree on Saturday or before if you're around Manchester on Friday.

It will be £90 the pair. PM me if you're interested but bare in mind it will be late tonight or tomorrow that I know for definite.

JP McManus has bought the Irish National winner of 2010 thats running at Aintree in the National on Saturday. Bluesea Cracker I fancy it and it looks a decent each way bet first time out in McManus colours but Andy McNamara will still be on board. IF it rains a bit I would even think it would win it if the grounds a bit soft but has to have a chance.

leighton said:
JP McManus has bought the Irish National winner of 2010 thats running at Aintree in the National on Saturday. Bluesea Cracker I fancy it and it looks a decent each way bet first time out in McManus colours but Andy McNamara will still be on board. IF it rains a bit I would even think it would win it if the grounds a bit soft but has to have a chance.
Yes, I mentioned that one earlier, leighton, though mares have a shocking record at Aintree

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.