John Stones - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll be great in a settled side.
50 changes can't be easy for any player.
Stones just needs to learn when to hoof it and when to pass, he's got the skills, just not the experience.

He actually gets worse as the weeks go on.

Makes a big difference having no partner and a clown goalkeeper behind you. I recall Rio Ferdinand having similar issues with Barthez in his early days - but Stones has been truly awful since the first 5/6 games.

Needs pulling out of the team but we've got no-one else.

Sigh. There was a moment where he could've played that blind pass to Bravo & you could see him fear that mistake happening again, and he ended up running out of play for a throw in rather than play it & he looked annoyed with himself once he saw he could've passed it - wasn't surprised with what happened next. 20 minutes later he takes the risk & plays the pass, goal conceded. Needs more awareness of whether that pass is on - if he doesn't know just clear it.

Feel bad for him given that he's alongside Kolarov & Sagna in a back 3, hard to really know what to make of Stones - hopefully next season we'll have sorted this shambles out & we can see what he's made of in a proper defensive line up.

will be class with a settled defence. i feel sorry for him, no experience or cb next to him. a shit keeper and a left back that can't defend. all the media seem to be after him swell, just like with sterling

Sigh. There was a moment where he could've played that blind pass to Bravo & you could see him fear that mistake happening again, and he ended up running out of play for a throw in rather than play it & he looked annoyed with himself once he saw he could've passed it - wasn't surprised with what happened next. 20 minutes later he takes the risk & plays the pass, goal conceded. Needs more awareness of whether that pass is on - if he doesn't know just clear it.

Feel bad for him given that he's alongside Kolarov & Sagna in a back 3, hard to really know what to make of Stones - hopefully next season we'll have sorted this shambles out & we can see what he's made of in a proper defensive line up.

Was it a back 3 today? I thought it was a back 4 with Kola left back.

At least the hung-ho Otamendi will make tackles and at least look like he wants to stop the opposition. Whereas Stones just runs along side them and waits for them to shoot. I can't honestly remember him ever making a proper tackle. Very very average.

I have given Stones the benefit of the doubt , but an under hit back pass with Steptoe hanging around is suicide and turned out a big turning point in the game , even at 3-0 with 20 minutes left we creating openings and our forward players must look at some of our defending and ask themselves why are we bothering .Shocking school boy error today and he needs to learn quickly or his promising career could end up in tatters , the media and pundits have already got their knives out for him. If Kompany is finished at this level we need a similar quality experienced player to bring the best out of Stones , Van Dijk or Bonucci would be my choice.

He appears to be a defensive midfielder playing at centre back to me. Both he and Bravo are kamikaze type defensive players, thus we are an easy side to score against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.