John Stones - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has no pace and no strength so I'm struggling to see where he'll be a world class defender.

hes outmuscled costa, especially for everton. pace wise id say he's one of our quickest defenders right now. you dont blistering pace to be world class either, cannavaro, terry, maldini, chiellini none of them have much pace.

I guess it's been mentioned already but what the fuck was he doing for their third(?) goal?

We're keeping a line on the halfway and he's 20 yards behind all on his own? I thought at first this was just insanely amateurish defending but it wasn't a one off; numerous times he was sitting way behind the line almost like a sweeper. I want to know if he's been told to do this because that is ridiculous against any team never mind possibly the fastest in the country.

I guess it's been mentioned already but what the fuck was he doing for their third(?) goal?

We're keeping a line on the halfway and he's 20 yards behind all on his own? I thought at first this was just insanely amateurish defending but it wasn't a one off; numerous times he was sitting way behind the line almost like a sweeper. I want to know if he's been told to do this because that is ridiculous against any team never mind possibly the fastest in the country.
Pep talks to him non stop so that's where he wanted him i think

I don't subscribe to the daily trollograph but I occasionally take a look to remind myself why.

Todays rag and dipper special ( no link provided).

John Stones's reputation is being damaged by Pep Guardiola's style - he must rue decision not to join Chelsea.

I honestly think he'd be dynamite as the holding midfielder. He isnt a very good central defender but IMO has all the attributes to be the conductor at the base of the midfield. I think we bought well but his potential is in a different position to the one we bought him for.

He needs people around him to stand up and be brave enough to accept a pass, we have a few players who are shit scared of making a mistake and go hiding. Stones then has little option but to take on a more risky ball.

He will turn out to be an outstanding centre half, don't forget he is still learning and with experience he will improve further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.