John Stones - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it's been mentioned already but what the fuck was he doing for their third(?) goal?

We're keeping a line on the halfway and he's 20 yards behind all on his own? I thought at first this was just insanely amateurish defending but it wasn't a one off; numerous times he was sitting way behind the line almost like a sweeper. I want to know if he's been told to do this because that is ridiculous against any team never mind possibly the fastest in the country.

Totally agree, very poor that!! Least said about the 4th the better. 50 million, defies belief!!

Still glad we signed him and still optimistic he will thrive in the long term under Guardiola.

Why the fcuk doesn't he pay attention to instructions though? Surely the lapses in concentration and silly back passes are curable?

Still glad we signed him and still optimistic he will thrive in the long term under Guardiola.

Why the fcuk doesn't he pay attention to instructions though? Surely the lapses in concentration and silly back passes are curable?

They are curable of course but nobody chooses to have a lapse in concentration.

This is a rather long analogy but I think it fits so humour me -

Do you drive? Remember when you learned to drive? You made hundreds of mistakes in every lesson, and I bet your driving instructor stopped you from crashing almost constantly - despite the fact you were concentrating as hard as you possibly could.

And now I bet you drive around with 50% concentration, chatting away to passengers or listening to the radio, looking at the sat nav and thinking about other things - and you almost never make a mistake and hopefully don't crash.

That's just where Stones is at the moment. He's the learner driver who's trying so hard but still making mistakes.

And while he's learning, he's swapping between right hand drive and left hand drive every lesson (3 at the back or 4).

The big problem is that the guy in the passenger seat isn't an experienced instructor, its Otamendi, who can drive an automatic but not this car.

So Stones makes mistakes and sometimes he gets bailed out, but sometimes they both make mistakes or Stones makes a huge mistake and there's a car crash.

However, in 6 months time they'll both have passed their test and got some experience under their belts and the mistakes will dry up.

He just needs time.

Roberto Martínez on John Stones: "You're talking about one of the best footballing centre-halves in Europe - but that's potential."

Martínez: "We're very quick to judge people and not to understand that John's still a very young man, probably ahead of where he should be."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.