John Stones - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate, I am just fed up of hearing all the media keep saying he's so good. The praise he gets is beyond that of the others you mentioned. He seems okay on the ball, and an average defender that's it. But I'll have to trust the ex-pros who rate him so highly and see if he comes good

Yer right, S. My ERO yesterday said that Stones was OK but he needed someone like Jags next to him. We haven't got a rock solid brick shithouse-style CB who comes near. I don't particularly like the idea of putting all our eggs in the slim footballing style CB. I like a three feet wide six six guy who can shift and jump, and who would keep the likes of Costa in his place and could outsprint Vardy. There's such a guy playing for Valencia at the moment - his name's on the tip of my tongue!

Seriously, what mistake did he make yesterday?
Not being able to bale out Bravo, Cliche, Otamendi and the slow midfield in front of him apparently.

Still believe in this lad , despite the pundits ripping him to pieces he needs to play in a settled back four in a system he can get used to and not swapping from 3 to 4 to 5 at the back and also being dropped to the bench , he is a good footballer reads the game and is a good defender he has all the attributes and Pep will knock the rough edges from his game .Its down to his own supporters to get behind him when everyone one else his making him an easy target.
The media and opposition supporters tried to ruin Sterling and it didnt work , Stones needs the same backing .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.