John Stones - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent performance. Nice to see him with the armband at the end.

make or break season for Stonesy. If he can come through playing alongside Kompany his confidence will grow and he could develop into a defender who can control a defence in his own. I've seen him have games where he's come out of defence and started to dictate games, but there are too many games where he makes basic mistakes. I think he has it in him, but we need him to come good this season.

Definitely copied Kompany's movement for the goal he scored and the one Komps scored (the latter hitting it more spectacular). Really hope Stones steps up this season to make us less dependent on Kompany for starters.

Definitely copied Kompany's movement for the goal he scored and the one Komps scored (the latter hitting it more spectacular). Really hope Stones steps up this season to make us less dependent on Kompany for starters.
Wrap Kompany in cotton wool and Stones will come on in leaps and bounds. Kompany is so important to City. Probably the single most important player at the club because of the influence on players around him

Wrap Kompany in cotton wool and Stones will come on in leaps and bounds. Kompany is so important to City. Probably the single most important player at the club because of the influence on players around him

Kompany is indeed too important to be out injured as often as these last few years, I agree. Than again I like to believe Stones will step up big time after his first year at City and Pep. Just imagine Pep rotating these two all season for Kompany to stay fit and Stones to come in leaps and bounds as you say.

People tend to forget Stones is only 23, what center back is world class right now at this age?

Immense potential.

With his talent he should be aiming for around 4 goals this season. Missed a few sitters last season.

He is going to be a top, top CB.

One of my favorite players at City. He has loads of potential, he looks like he is absolutely loving being the part of our team and looks wonderful, back to earth lad. If I'd be @karen7 I'd send him love letters on daily basis. But she likes tough bastards like Kolarov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.