John Stones - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon he still has more to give. Such a talented player. As he grows in confidence and stature, he will get better and better

I think you are correct.

He has turned the corner now & takes responsibility as a defender, & his defending will most likely get better & better.

Edit: can we all leave out the Beckenbauer stuff, he just isn't.

Stones is a defender who is decent on the ball, Beckebauer was Pep Guardiola playing deeper, the will never be any chance of Stones being anywhere near him in that regard, but he is already a better cb.

I think you are correct.

He has turned the corner now & takes responsibility as a defender, & his defending will most likely get better & better.
And coming out of defence....knowing when to do it. He'll probably get more confident at that. Always risky, but as a team we'll know when to cover him etc. We are just the right team for him. Made for each other. Could he be City''s POTY? At the moment it's KDB, but he isn't far off

And coming out of defence....knowing when to do it. He'll probably get more confident at that. Always risky, but as a team we'll know when to cover him etc. We are just the right team for him. Made for each other. Could he be City''s POTY? At the moment it's KDB, but he isn't far off

I think he will have to produce some matchwinning defensive performances, to catch the eye to the level the attackers do, in order to be poty & the way City play, matchwinning defensive performances will be hard to come by.

He's chipping in with goals too. I think a lot of the criticism was unjust, especially from those outsiders who wanted him to flop for coming to City. POTYS so far.

And yet I still see other fans want Jones in defence ahead of him. England in a nutshell that.

And yet I still see other fans want Jones in defence ahead of him. England in a nutshell that.
There's a commentator on ITV, I forget who it was, who every time Jones touches the ball regurgitates a quote from Southgate that Jones is best English defender. Two clowns.

Stones is going up in the world.

See this. A best Premiership XI with Stones in defence

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/10/premier-league-all-star-young-energetic

I would have Sterling and Sane wide, and either Jesus or Morata up front. Can't really argue too much with his team.

He's come through a tough time and now he's like a modern day Dave Watson, awesome player, cool under pressure and commands the defensive space supremely well.... Just like Sterling, he's come through and with a bit of Pep magic and more experience playing with such talented players, he's producing and proving his transfer fee was a snip and a coup for City despite the media crap spouted about him ... his nickname should be The Rock ...!

He's come through a tough time and now he's like a modern day Dave Watson, awesome player, cool under pressure and commands the defensive space supremely well.... Just like Sterling, he's come through and with a bit of Pep magic and more experience playing with such talented players, he's producing and proving his transfer fee was a snip and a coup for City despite the media crap spouted about him ... his nickname should be The Rock ...!
Combination of confidence and mental strength.

Dax777 said in reply to one of my many posts in the Summer saying we needed to buy a central defender not a forward that replacing the full backs would work wonders for the centre-backs. He was right. That must be part of it too. It's easier to play central defence for City. Otamendi has improved too

The one game where Ota struggled was early doors when Salah was doing him every attack until he got sent off.....indicates the importance of protection offered by full backs.

There's a commentator on ITV, I forget who it was, who every time Jones touches the ball regurgitates a quote from Southgate that Jones is best English defender. Two clowns.

Stones is going up in the world.

See this. A best Premiership XI with Stones in defence

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/10/premier-league-all-star-young-energetic

I would have Sterling and Sane wide, and either Jesus or Morata up front. Can't really argue too much with his team.

I see in his alternative Best XI he has Rashford twice for added emphasis. Lest we should forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.