John Stones - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
My MOTM today, he was superb, calm on the ball and commanding in the tackle. Let's hope this form continues all season.[/QUOTE
One of my friends, Arsenal fan, called me at half time to ask me what happened with Stones, he was perfect?! That saids it all..

Outstanding last week and outstanding today

I’ve been critical of him in the past but clearly if he carries on in this vain I was wrong
Or it could be you were right then, and now he has improved...

But I can live with you being wrong too :)

Now looking very much the player we thought he would be when we signed him from Everton.

It took a while - but worth the wait.

The WC tournament certainly helped, confidencewise.

He's an absolute Rolls Royce of a defender and definitely future captain material.

By the end of this season I think most people will see him as the best CB in world football. He's that good.

I like him a lot and I think the World Cup did him the power of good but before he becomes the best in the world he has to get in our team every week
There is Otamendi ( best of the lot last year) and Kompany to fight for a place first
Consistency is needed before he becomes the best big season for Stones but he's started well

I like him a lot and I think the World Cup did him the power of good but before he becomes the best in the world he has to get in our team every week
There is Otamendi ( best of the lot last year) and Kompany to fight for a place first
Consistency is needed before he becomes the best big season for Stones but he's started well

I don't think Stones really has to fight anyone else for a place. He's got a starting spot now and if he keeps playing well he's going to stay there, pretty much regardless of what anyone else does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.