John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute nothingness again. He has no influence on this team whatsoever, never makes a tackle, doesn’t win headers, slow and ponderous on the ball, useless in the opposition box for free kicks and corners. No better than the player we signed and he wasn’t that good then.
This is the problem for me. Every other player has improved under Pep and for a while Stones looked like he was going the same way. But this is his fourth season at the club now and I don't see a much better player than the one we signed. He's at the age now where potential isn't good enough and he's got to be world class if he wants to be the future of our defence (not at the moment though, obviously, he just has to be a defender with a pulse).

He's done.

Had 4 years of coaching from the best manager in the game and wasted it. If he's not losing his head because he's made a mistake, he's losing it and out of the side because his missus caught him cheating (again) and broke up with him. The cherry on the shit cake is he's injured every time he looks like he might belong at this level.

We won't be able to sell him for anything decent, but we can buy a decent partner for Laporte and Stones can be the 4th choice until Garcia shows he's better.

It is what it is I suppose... his personal life has affected him alot, to squander the faith City put in him over these years is so disappointing.

Let's hope the new CB we buy is a better partner with Laporte.

He's done.

Had 4 years of coaching from the best manager in the game and wasted it. If he's not losing his head because he's made a mistake, he's losing it and out of the side because his missus caught him cheating (again) and broke up with him. The cherry on the shit cake is he's injured every time he looks like he might belong at this level.

We won't be able to sell him for anything decent, but we can buy a decent partner for Laporte and Stones can be the 4th choice until Garcia shows he's better.
Very very very harsh. None of the goals were his fault, so I'm not sure what he did to infuriate you so much.

This is the problem for me. Every other player has improved under Pep and for a while Stones looked like he was going the same way. But this is his fourth season at the club now and I don't see a much better player than the one we signed. He's at the age now where potential isn't good enough and he's got to be world class if he wants to be the future of our defence (not at the moment though, obviously, he just has to be a defender with a pulse).

He was a good player when we signed him and is still one now. There was nothing wrong with the way he played today

Very very very harsh. None of the goals were his fault, so I'm not sure what he did to infuriate you so much.

You know what.....I would like to see us concede a goal that was his fault. He’s not at fault because he is not involved. I am sick to death of seeing the ball going in our net and I look at Stones and he is stood there, arms by his side, having had no influence on the play whatsoever. Someone else pointed it out, the guy is mentally weak, he’s a chancer and hides as much as he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.