John Stones (City willing to sell?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's unlikely but not implausible. Post what I posted in the De Ligt thread.

Pep said he prefers Otamendi and Kompany for winning duels and maybe Laporte instead of Otamendi for building out of the back. No mention of when Stones would be preferred

and

‘Of course he’s not in the same level with Aymeric, Vinny or Nico but he knows the confidence I have in him and the work he has done over two seasons, especially this season,’

Is Pep talking about an untouchable/unsellable player here?

I’m not Stones’s biggest fan (I think he’s a midfielder) but I doubt we would sell him at this juncture.

How much did we pay for him? £50m, was it? We’d be looking at a substantial financial loss if he did leave.

As soon as you see the word Sun you knows it bollocks.
If they reported on global unilateral nuclear disarmament I'd start stocking up on bottled water and tinned food while digging my bunker.

Stones is the future of both ours and England's defence. He's the perfect Pep player with the potential to be the best in Europe. There's no way we will even entertain selling him.

It's unlikely but not implausible. Post what I posted in the De Ligt thread.

Pep said he prefers Otamendi and Kompany for winning duels and maybe Laporte instead of Otamendi for building out of the back. No mention of when Stones would be preferred

and

‘Of course he’s not in the same level with Aymeric, Vinny or Nico but he knows the confidence I have in him and the work he has done over two seasons, especially this season,’

Is Pep talking about an untouchable/unsellable player here?

Well if you want to talk about Pep speaking in the press about Stones -

"I want to tell you, with Nico in the first few months of the season John was the best - or one of the best - central defenders in the world,"

‘John is an extraordinary player,’ said Guardiola. ‘What he has done has shown me that – now we have four excellent centre backs.

‘But I don’t have, and he doesn’t have, any doubts about his abilities to play in the team.’
Does that sound like a player he's trying to get rid of?

Also I'm pretty sure that when he says "he's not at the same level" as Nico, Laporte & Vinny I think he was talking about physically or right this minute as it was just after talking about how he'd not trained for a week and when he came back he had an injury, and it was part of an answer about why he wasn't in the 18 for United.

Last edited:
Whilst I would be sad to see him go I can understand why. Stones and Laporte will never be able to play together as our main centre back pairing as two ball playing centre halfs will never work. Laporte is a class above stones I think and with it’s not fair on stones to have him on the bench all the time. If stones is going we need to sign a top drawer ball winning defender as vinny will not get a full season and otamendi was creaking in the big games. I hope they don’t go for Evans but I think he will.
Lol. Not this again :)

Lol. Not this again :)

Look Dax, this isn't Spain, or Germany where Pep can just play his fancy tippy-tappy possession football and expect to walk the league by 15 points against the part-time farmers in the other teams. This is INGURLAND. You don't win anything here like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.