John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kompany & Mangala are supposed to be our best centre halves but they can't play together. They both like to dive in, leaving us exposed.

I would go with Kompany & Denayer personally. Vin seems better when he is the senior centre half.

Kompany & Mangala are supposed to be our best centre halves but they can't play together. They both like to dive in, leaving us exposed.

I would go with Kompany & Denayer personally. Vin seems better when he is the senior centre half.

what? Vinny is the senior of Mangala! At the moment Demechelis/ Mangala is the best partnership.

what? Vinny is the senior of Mangala! At the moment Demechelis/ Mangala is the best partnership.
No it's not. Kompany is our best CB and him coming off the back of a poor season doesn't change that. As much as I think Mangala will become a competent partner for him, he won't be his senior whilst Vinny is still at the club.

The myth about Demichellis and Mangala is based on results with the two in the team but that doesn't even begin to paint the picture. You have to look at the opposition and chances created against us as well as the full backs and midfield in front of them.
The fact is Demichellis wasn't that great towards the latter end of the season, he was showing his age a little and his legs looked to have gone on a couple of occasions. He's still the smartest of the back four and his brain works quick enough to get him out of trouble, but with him being another year older I can't see this year being any different. Used sparingly we have the perfect cover, but that's all he should be.

Denayer coming back has put pressure on our centre backs.

Mangala really has to step up and repay the faith we put in him when we bought him.

Big season for my favourite player Vinny this year. Vinny hasnt played well since Pelle took over. Is it the system and style of play or the injuries or a mixture of both. Lets all hope we can see Vinny back to his best.

Playing Vinny with Denayer would be fantastic for bringing on Denayer. Denayer respects Vinny and is humble enough to learn.

The future is a partnership of Mangala and Denayer. This could potentially become the best partnership in world football.

The Mangala, Demechelis partnership a myth? sorry but totally disagree, It looked a decent partnership to me, youth and experience.

Mangala, Kompany a disaster, both running about like headless chickens.

Kompany need to sort his head out, a very big season for Vinny, I just hope he comes back to form, but I have my doubts.

The Mangala, Demechelis partnership a myth? sorry but totally disagree, It looked a decent partnership to me, youth and experience.

Mangala, Kompany a disaster, both running about like headless chickens.

Kompany need to sort his head out, a very big season for Vinny, I just hope he comes back to form, but I have my doubts.
It did look a decent partnership, but it won't be happening again unless Kompany gets injured.
Mangala and Kompany will be first choice CB's with Denayer and Demichellis filling in as and when required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.