John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we've purchased a weaker centre back since Lescott..... Is what you said...

I named 5 off the bat who have been, weaker than Lescott ever was...!!??
Again I'll quote your response below
you seriously think any of the players I mentioned were not weaker or better defenders for us, than Lescott...
To the 1st bolded portion, the answer is yes, they were not.

To the 2nd bolded portion, That's an inference that does not capture my statement correctly. It is a strawman.

There was no year Lescott was here bar 2009-10, that City didn't attempt to buy a CB to replace him. He was the weak link. The stats showed it, the coaches knew it, and management kept up the search for a deserving Kompany sidekick.

And have still to find one, & may be about to yet again spend double the price it cost for Lescott, on yet another cb, to add to the many we have tried so far, of all shapes & sizes, none of whom have been anywhere near as good.

It's unlikely we will ever find a cb pairing as good as Kompany & Lescott & we will instead have to rely on the midfield & have various ponces like Stones flicking the ball about instead.

Just read an article stating guardiola could play Laporte left back with stones CB and carvahal rb with vinny CB they had pogba sane gundogan Kdb and Sanchez as midfield

Bizarre.

Can't understand why there are links to Carvahal. No idea why they would sell him.

Stones seems to be a realistic prospect though. Especially as the Everton fans don't seem to care for him, so would be glad of the money instead.

I have said many times that Stones is not a centre half (at least, not at a high level). However, he has immense potential to be England's first true Basquests-type player if he is coached and managed correctly.

But he won't be and we'll all eventually agree he was a good but not great defender.

I have said many times that Stones is not a centre half (at least, not at a high level). However, he has immense potential to be England's first true Basquests-type player if he is coached and managed correctly.

But he won't be and we'll all eventually agree he was a good but not great defender.

You don't think, if he came to City, Pep would coach and manage him correctly?

If he came to City, yes, I think Pep would see his attributes would make him a very effective linking CM. But I am not convinced that is going to happen.

I am just sad to see so much talent potentially wasted by myopic thinking.

If he came to City, yes, I think Pep would see his attributes would make him a very effective linking CM. But I am not convinced that is going to happen.

I would have thought the chances of him ending up at City are reasonably high so we may find out.

I take issue with this - we shouldn't accept inferior players on the basis we have a great manager who will get more out of them. You could apply that to any player. We should be looking for the best and John Stones is not good enough in my book. He might get to that level but so might Denayer or Tosin or Humphreys.

Isn't the myopic thinking the person who says he is definitely not s centre half? Oh wait a minute......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.