John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stones is a decent player and the Everton team was all round a better defensive unit than Chelsea. The problem for Everton is that Stones will leave. If not now then at some point in the next 12 months. Personally I hope he stays there for this season so he will play for Everton against our rival clubs.
Denayer would have been a great replacement but I get why Everton or any other PL team would not be willing to take him on loan without some sort of option to buy and that is something that I am sure has resulted in him going to Gala where they are no doubt less concerned with assisting city develop a great young prospect with no prospect of getting anything out of it at the end of the season.

Stones is a decent player and the Everton team was all round a better defensive unit than Chelsea. The problem for Everton is that Stones will leave. If not now then at some point in the next 12 months. Personally I hope he stays there for this season so he will play for Everton against our rival clubs.
Denayer would have been a great replacement but I get why Everton or any other PL team would not be willing to take him on loan without some sort of option to buy and that is something that I am sure has resulted in him going to Gala where they are no doubt less concerned with assisting city develop a great young prospect with no prospect of getting anything out of it at the end of the season.

I think it's also because he's untried & not dominant in the air. For City as a 4th cb it would have been no risk at all, but for a PL club with less resources, without ever having see him play against PL cfs, it would be a huge risk.

No he didn't. Howard did.

No he didn't, Howard had an average game at best. He was at fault for both of our goals. He made a good save in the first few minutes with his feet from Kun and had a few other saves that were straight at him and routine and that was it.

I think it's also because he's untried & not dominant in the air. For City as a 4th cb it would have been no risk at all, but for a PL club with less resources, without ever having see him play against PL cfs, it would be a huge risk.

I don’t share the same view re his aerial ability, Denayer scored a few goals with from headers in the SPL and never looked troubled when I watched him. I agree on the risk issue though.
Giving any young CB a PL debut is a risk and if it was a player on loan with no conceivable option to buy there is little return other than having a player for a year. Its also a risk for the player, Sunderland could have been a disaster. You have to defend as a unit and a 28 year old Maldini would struggle in the current Sunderland team. Your chances of proving a point there are slim.

He stood Sterling up, not allowing him to come inside onto his best foot, not committing himself; textbook defending. It was Cleverley's mistake not to follow Kolarov's run, and Howard's mistake to be beaten at the near post. Only a moron could in any way interpret that as an individual error.

Denayer isn't good enough, hence him being sent to another pub league. Otamendi was absolutely necessary if we are going to reclaim the title.

You spent the entire summer hilariously telling me he's better than Stones, yet while the most decorated coach in England has made Stones his primary transfer target, Denayer has been deemed inadequate after a couple of months of close scrutiny by our coaching staff, and the only interest in his signature is coming from obscurity, yet again. Why can't they see what you see Nev?!

Why don't you head down to the CFA and tell Pellegrini how good he looked against France? Maybe he didn't realise that he's the reigning Scottish young player of the year?

Aguero is the best orthodox striker in Europe and the fact he was so relatively quiet is testament to how well Stones marshalled him; it's his spatial occupation that nullified him. Most people on here deem defending as Mangala-esque chase the man around and shoulder barge him, but those who matter in the game know the importance of presence in a key area.

The final goal came about because McCarthy didn't track Nasri's run, absolutely nothing to do with Stones' position. Both he and Jagielka took turns in dropping deeper, adding depth to the defence, a ploy that clearly worked as both goals game about via simple lazy errors by midfielders.
So nothing at all was Stones' fault - it was down to other players' individual errors. Surprisingly, Stones wasn't Chelsea's "primary transfer target" as other players have already been bought.

So let us get this straight: he is praised for his textbook defending, even though the opposition scored - not my fault guv, I did it by the book and others let me down. His "spatial occupation" is so good that Aguero was "nullified". Strange, I distinctly remember 3 shots by Aguero in the first 15 minutes. Obviously, he wasn't in the same space -time continuum as Aguero was, unless it was same space, wrong time.

Again, with the "final" (or as I saw it, the second) goal, it was again a case of not me guv, others let me down. I always thought that if you were a defender, you defended. If one of your team mates is slow to react, your innate "spatial occupation" should put you in a position to help out.

Don't get me wrong, he shows promise, and makes a lot of errors, but no more so at this stage, than Smallthing did, and look how he's turned out ;-).

Finally, I'm a bit confused with some of your comments, such as "your boy Denayer" and "we are going to reclaim the title". What's with the "we" shit?

He stood Sterling up, not allowing him to come inside onto his best foot, not committing himself; textbook defending. It was Cleverley's mistake not to follow Kolarov's run, and Howard's mistake to be beaten at the near post. Only a moron could in any way interpret that as an individual error.

Actually, the right thing to do would have been to not let him cut from the touchline where he picked up the ball and run into the box, where he could no longer make a tackle. Instead of confronting him outside the box, he just backed off and backed off afraid to actually do anything untill it was too late. The only textbook you'll see that in is the Nastasic book of defending, where the entire objective is to avoid actually doing any defending. But better to call me a moron than admit that your man crush is anything less than Maldini reborn.

Amazing how you came on here to slag off Mangala at half time, then dissapeared when we won and kept a clean sheet. Then return to slag off our players and praise John Stones and Luke Shaw. We've got a few on here like that, who go missing when we win and only turn up to slag off certain players.

Actually, the right thing to do would have been to not let him cut from the touchline where he picked up the ball and run into the box, where he could no longer make a tackle. Instead of confronting him outside the box, he just backed off and backed off afraid to actually do anything untill it was too late. The only textbook you'll see that in is the Nastasic book of defending, where the entire objective is to avoid actually doing any defending. But better to call me a moron than admit that your man crush is anything less than Maldini reborn.

Amazing how you came on here to slag off Mangala at half time, then dissapeared when we won and kept a clean sheet. Then return to slag off our players and praise John Stones and Luke Shaw. We've got a few on here like that, who go missing when we win and only turn up to slag off certain players.

And most of them are rags.

Let's just hope we remembered to recover Aguero from his back pocket before he heads down to Chelsea.

How's your boy Denayer doing?

You talk some amount of shite.

Our lad Denayer is doing fine.

He's got some kind of agenda re City, whether it's from an undercover rag perspective or whether he's one of those characters who used to work for the club or had a relative that did, who got fired. There is something going on & certain methods & players cop it. You can see that it his delight that Jason Denayer isn't getting a chance, in an almost pisstaking manner. Nobody in their right mind would write off Denayer & City have just given him a 5 year contract, the manager of his national team has preferred him in the team, to two established Premier League centre backs, he's a title winner, young player of the year in Scotland & he's off now play in the fucking Champions League! He's just turned 20 years old in June! What a disaster the lad is.

He's kissing the arse of Stones, who v City struggled defensively & his main highlights were taking the ball deep, not panicking under pressure & passing through our strikers etc.

He apparently likes that. Yet on the academy site, he was slaughtering City's defenders & coaches for playing exactly that way. So Stones playing like that=great, but our kids being taught to pkay thwt way= shit.
He was moaning about it after we lost to the rags & highlighted how we get the piss taken out of us by our neighbours at that level. Except we battered the cunts two weeks later at our place & he was nowhere to be seen.

Some of his comments are quite intelligent then suddenly he comes out with almost breathtaking levels of sheer crap.

He's got some kind of agenda re City, whether it's from an undercover rag perspective or whether he's one of those characters who used to work for the club or had a relative that did, who got fired. There is something going on & certain methods & players cop it. You can see that it his delight that Jason Denayer isn't getting a chance, in an almost pisstaking manner. Nobody in their right mind would write off Denayer & City have just given him a 5 year contract, the manager of his national team has preferred him in the team, to two established Premier League centre backs, he's a title winner, young player of the year in Scotland & he's off now play in the fucking Champions League! He's just turned 20 years old in June! What a disaster the lad is.

He's kissing the arse of Stones, who v City struggled defensively & his main highlights were taking the ball deep, not panicking under pressure & passing through our strikers etc.

He apparently likes that. Yet on the academy site, he was slaughtering City's defenders & coaches for playing exactly that way. So Stones playing like that=great, but our kids being taught to pkay thwt way= shit.
He was moaning about it after we lost to the rags & highlighted how we get the piss taken out of us by our neighbours at that level. Except we battered the cunts two weeks later at our place & he was nowhere to be seen.

Some of his comments are quite intelligent then suddenly he comes out with almost breathtaking levels of sheer crap.

I could probably write his posts for him, they are that predictable. English = good. Anyone linked with Txiki or Pellegrini = bad. John Stones = god. Then he just doesn't post about anything that doesn't relate to either of those agendas (trivial things like us winning football matches)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.