John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep hearing how Pep is going to turn Sterling round and improve the rest of the squad by 20- 30% why can't he do the same with Otamendi and Mangala, its not like they are free transfer players from Rochdale, surely there is something there to work with.
Lets see how good Pep really is.
My man. Couldn't agree more. Aren't we paying this guy 20m+? Pellers was put in a few predicaments why not Pep?

Okay mate, want to cite any of that perceived stupidity instead of taking pot shots and offering noting of substance yourself? Helmet.

Not really, I try not to spend time arguing with trolls.

That's why I said you should get a job on TalkSport then you can talk garbage all day long with the other rag presenters.

Keep hearing how Pep is going to turn Sterling round and improve the rest of the squad by 20- 30% why can't he do the same with Otamendi and Mangala, its not like they are free transfer players from Rochdale, surely there is something there to work with.

Personally, I feel the potential is there with Sterling to fit Pep's style, so easier for him to be a "natural" fit for what Pep looks for. The Club already admitted by trying to loan out Mangala last summer, that he isnt the player they were hoping for and his playing style just is not a fit for Pep's system...Pep needs "footballers" at CB, players that are confident on the ball and this is not Mangala's strength..I have more confidence that Ota will be a good fit than I do Mangala..

Because you can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. I expect Sterling will improve but we have had two seasons of Mangala and no amount of coaching or formation changing is going to make him a great premiership defender.

Otty seems too reckless but if we have to keep one of them then I would keep him. I doubt Mangala will be with us much longer.

Because you can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. I expect Sterling will improve but we have had two seasons of Mangala and no amount of coaching or formation changing is going to make him a great premiership defender

Otty seems too reckless but if we have to keep one of them then I would keep him. I doubt Mangala will be with us much longer.

Ok 50mil for Stones at least he is the finnished article and is sure to go on and make a great premiership defender.

Just when I was coming round to the decision of signing Stones I read that it may be £50m to get him.

I know it's not our money but ffs how many times do we need to overspend on defenders. Mangala, Otamendi and maybe Stones have cost more than David Silva!
It's always going to be + of £45 mill to get him since they turned Chelsea down around that amount

Ok 50mil for Stones at least he is the finnished article and is sure to go on and make a great premiership defender.

I am very unconvinced. Not at that price. I would go for a proven defender at a reasonable price like van Dijk, even if we got Stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.