John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm liking this new narky you lol,you make me smile
Its the one thing that irks me every bastard transfer season.You come on here,looking at who we MAY or MIGHT sign and too many fuckers treat it as gospel what they read in the media and worst of all the twatting Twitter Rumours for fucks sake.
No-one has any bastard idea,ref transfers where we are up to.Its pure guess work and speculation,but still they don`t get it ...
... and breath s.l.o.w.l.y. Oakie.
Phwwwwwwwwwwww.Thats better.

Why aren't the deals done? Why did we allow Laporte to sit and talk with Bilbao? Yes we thought he'd turn them down but remove his opportunity to do so and he'd be here.

Probably because Laporte was a Bilbao player so we couldn't not tell him to talk to his club. Its widely reported here that City offer a contract first to the player then negotiate with the club a fee. So while we was talking to the club Bilbao offered him a new contract which he accepted and the deal was dead. These transfer negotions are very complex for us as other teams know we have the money so they try to squeeze the maximum amount from us and good on the club for taking a hard line if this happens. Then there stuff like payment structures and clauses and add-ons. We just don't rock up with a suitcase full of cash and give it to the selling club. You just have to show patience. Also we have the best coach in the world now who has shown new players can adapt quickly to his methods and ideas. I'm not worried or flapping about this window. It will all come together in the end

Its the one thing that irks me every bastard transfer season.You come on here,looking at who we MAY or MIGHT sign and too many fuckers treat it as gospel what they read in the media and worst of all the twatting Twitter Rumours for fucks sake.
No-one has any bastard idea,ref transfers where we are up to.Its pure guess work and speculation,but still they don`t get it ...

Cashews or walnuts, pet ?

Sit down lovely and i like my nuts roasted ;)

I honestly think this is going to drag on till deadline day.

Try saying that 5 times as fast as you can!

They've put a £50m valuation, so there's no chance of adding another £5m on. These friendly games are important, they're a chance to build an understanding with your fellow team mates and learn about the managers style.

How in the name of God, do you know ANY of this re Everton ?

If we sign Stones, Moreno, Jesus, Sané to add to Nolitio, Gundogan & Zinchenko, how much does it raise our wage bill ?

Can we do it without having confirmed buyers for players to leave ? If we can stand the increase befrore sales can we still stand it if we then sign Kroos or Suarez, or Bonucci or do we have to forget that because you wanted Stones this week ?

What is our transfer budget re ffp ? If we sign the above players without having confirmed buyers for others, do we go above our ffp limit ? If we can do it under the level, will that still be yhe case if we also sign Bonucci or Kroos, or will we have to give them a miss because we have already signed Stones ? Will an extra ten mil on the Sané deal make a difference to that ? Do we know how much money we can spend on Sané or are we close to the ffp limit ? Are we still negotiating for Jesus, thus don't actually know what our budget is ?

That's just off the top of my head in 30 secs. Multiply it by 10 & we get close to the number of possible reasons we are doing business the way we are.

You believe what the tweets say? pinch of salt is needed

Karen, genuine question....do you know that we have made an offer? If not, who's to say these reports are wrong? I agree, most of its rubbish but the only reason we knew Gundogan's agent met with Txiki months before he signed, was the media.

Whatever we read or dont read, I just dont believe Everton have held back this transfer, I believe they gave us their valuation and we've spent a number of months getting the lad on side and now we haggling over that valuation because we think Everton will have no choice but to take what we offering because the player only wants us. I just think its poor that he isnt already in pre-season training, learning Pep's system but thats just my personal opinion.

Karen, genuine question....do you know that we have made an offer? If not, who's to say these reports are wrong? I agree, most of its rubbish but the only reason we knew Gundogan's agent met with Txiki months before he signed, was the media.

Whatever we read or dont read, I just dont believe Everton have held back this transfer, I believe they gave us their valuation and we've spent a number of months getting the lad on side and now we haggling over that valuation because we think Everton will have no choice but to take what we offering because the player only wants us. I just think its poor that he isnt already in pre-season training, learning Pep's system but thats just my personal opinion.

Your opinion is based on fantasy.

I could just as easily say I think Stones has all but signed for City but Everton insist on Yaya Toure as part of thd deal & he refuses to leave.

See how easy it is ?

I find many of the posts on this thread, and the transfer forum generally, fascinating. I have no sources of information for City or any other club, and I'm about as out of the know as you can get. I must confess that I've never had to negotiate a transfer in my life and I've never run a football club or even worked for one. In my work I have never had to negotiate the sale of an asset worth around £50 million. But the assets I've bought and sold often resulted in quite complex and lengthy "negotiations" though I suspect not as complex or lengthy as those involved in buying a high end footballer. This is where phrases like "putting the money on the table" and setting "the pace for negotiations" intrigue me. John Stones is not like a cabbage. There is a clear market price for cabbages, dependent on size mainly, and varying with scarcity. If one shop tries to charge too much simply go elsewhere. But we want John Stones because he's different from - and from our point of view better - than other CBs: it's Stones or no-one. So our judgement might be that he's worth £45 million ... but we might be wrong! We might also believe that in 3 years time, after three years of Pep, he'll be worth £70 million! Everton may agree completely with his likely value in 3 years time, but they will almost certainly refuse to take the risk for City's possible erroneous judgement. So Everton will want a higher down payment than City think reasonable and both clubs will agree on the principle of add ons but disagree on the details. And this is where "setting the pace" of negotiations is difficult. Everton is not a shop with a shopkeeper who works specified opening hours any more than City is. Both clubs have a club employee to negotiate the deal - and he may be in Manchester/Liverpool one day, Spain after another deal the day after and South America after that. Arranging meetings can take days, emails may not even be read for days and the board will retain the ultimate word. I don't know what's going on over Stones but it may be something like this or it may not, but it's likely to one of four or five complex deals our club is negotiating. And I think our club has shown itself to be a rather shrewd operator on this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.