John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we do need a new imminent - what about just around the corner, on the point of, ready to roll, in the air, in the pipeline, on the brink of, waiting in the wings or just plain old looming. come on blues what do you think - are we just going to sit back and put up with imminent or make a real difference that might get the transfer merry go round moving ? Most votes wins.
I don't do gifs but aren't there some good ones knocking about with "Soon" underneath? They made me chuckle. I think the transfer forum needs more chuckles.

I don't do gifs but aren't there some good ones knocking about with "Soon" underneath? They made me chuckle. I think the transfer forum needs more chuckles.

Here's two

giphy.gif

None taken.

On the one hand you're questioning the value of a player and on the other you're stating that you don't care for the behind the scenes side of football. It's like debating a car's value based purely on aesthetics. Which, as you say, you're entitled to do.

You're right, this is a forum where people can freely post their opinions. In my opinion, this never ending debate about fees is dull, repetitive and absolutely pointless.

To be fair, a discussion on a players potential transfer fee can go off on so many tangents that I wouldn't say that it is pointless.

Just looking at the complexity of a deal of this magnitude shows just how difficult Txiki's job is and the guy has come under a lot of criticism recently. Like another poster pointed out, Everton can demand what they want for the player and because they don't want to lose him, they will put an over-valued price tag on his head. However, Txiki's job isn't to either pay up or shut up. His job is to force Everton to meet us somewhere in the middle and put them in a position where it could cause them damage to keep the player.

For all the talk of Everton being willing to keep Stones, do people really think that Stones and his agent will just sit there and happily be denied another big money move? Is he really going to accept to stay at Everton on a hell of a lot less money than he could be earning at City whilst playing in the CL?

Not a chance. There will be huge repercussions for Everton should they decide to reject all bids for Stones and dealing with them will be crucial, especially as they see him as a £50 million asset who's value could quickly diminish.

They are already looking to replace him and once that happens, are they still fully in control of any deal?

I think we do need a new imminent - what about just around the corner, on the point of, ready to roll, in the air, in the pipeline, on the brink of, waiting in the wings or just plain old looming. come on blues what do you think - are we just going to sit back and put up with imminent or make a real difference that might get the transfer merry go round moving ? Most votes wins.
I will consider voting imminently.

lgGfb0iuPoq5O.gif

To be fair, a discussion on a players potential transfer fee can go off on so many tangents that I wouldn't say that it is pointless.

Just looking at the complexity of a deal of this magnitude shows just how difficult Txiki's job is and the guy has come under a lot of criticism recently. Like another poster pointed out, Everton can demand what they want for the player and because they don't want to lose him, they will put an over-valued price tag on his head. However, Txiki's job isn't to either pay up or shut up. His job is to force Everton to meet us somewhere in the middle and put them in a position where it could cause them damage to keep the player.

For all the talk of Everton being willing to keep Stones, do people really think that Stones and his agent will just sit there and happily be denied another big money move? Is he really going to accept to stay at Everton on a hell of a lot less money than he could be earning at City whilst playing in the CL?

Not a chance. There will be huge repercussions for Everton should they decide to reject all bids for Stones and dealing with them will be crucial, especially as they see him as a £50 million asset who's value could quickly diminish.

They are already looking to replace him and once that happens, are they still fully in control of any deal?

See, this is what I mean. The only issue I have is when people say "this player's not worth that much." That bit, to me at least, is pointless. But what you're referring to in the last post is the political side of transfers and the bartering which comes with it which, although still speculation, is much more interesting.

Personally, I think what's going on with Stoned is similar to what happened with Sterling last year; the deal is in place but there's a certain amount of face saving going on. As well as this, we've got the habit (rightly or wrongly) of letting clubs get their replacements in before signing their player. You'd think that this is to appease Everton by preventing them from getting ripped off for their targets but surely those selling clubs aren't as naive as that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.