John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offence mate but you have no idea what you're talking about. There's a reason why the professionals take care of this stuff.

And that's not me being snide, you and I literally haven't got a clue what kind of revenue these players can bring in through marketing, shirt sales etc. If someone better qualified, with far more insight and experience at making money wants to spend these kinds of amounts, who are we to question them?

Saying "this player isn't worth this amount because he's overrated" is absolutely absurd. These sums aren't spent purely because a bloke can kick a ball well.
In general I'd agree but I'm not sure how much marketability Huguain has which justifies his ridiculous fee. Even taking into account the rate in which transfer costs are rising it seems like an enormous amount.
They will always be there or thereabouts in the league so it's basically down to them hoping he'll win them the CL. I don't see it.

If Stones does stay at Everton it will be interesting to see if them pay him a wage to match his £50 million price tag.
Yeah, I said this during the Sterling transfer. Liverpool were being such hypocrites, claiming he was worth at least £50m, but weren't willing to offer him a wage to match that valuation.

In general I'd agree but I'm not sure how much marketability Huguain has which justifies his ridiculous fee. Even taking into account the rate in which transfer costs are rising it seems like an enormous amount.
They will always be there or thereabouts in the league so it's basically down to them hoping he'll win them the CL. I don't see it.

I didn't know what you were talking about and had to look it up. Holy shit.

No offence mate but you have no idea what you're talking about. There's a reason why the professionals take care of this stuff.

And that's not me being snide, you and I literally haven't got a clue what kind of revenue these players can bring in through marketing, shirt sales etc. If someone better qualified, with far more insight and experience at making money wants to spend these kinds of amounts, who are we to question them?

Saying "this player isn't worth this amount because he's overrated" is absolutely absurd. These sums aren't spent purely because a bloke can kick a ball well.

No offence back but I don't understand posts like yours.

This is a football forum where fans will discuss topics on the club they support. If no one has a relevant opinion on matters because they don't have inside info then what is the point of a forum? We might as well just all shut up and discuss nothing but official business and all come to the same conclusion that the club is always right because they employ more qualified people than us fans.

That said what you say is right. I don't have any inside information on the deal and haven't got a Scooby-doo about what marketing a signing in the ilk of Stones could have on the club. That said, I don't really care about that side of the game. All I care about from any potential signing is what they can offer on the pitch. That is why I am openly questioning what he has done to justify such an outstanding price tag.

In Stones I see a very good footballer but not a great defender. There are two ways that the situation can be looked at. Firstly, Pique, Ramos and Boateng, three of the best CBs in the world are all much better footballers than they are defenders and Stones has the footballing ability to be on their level. Alternatively, none of them play in the PL and Boateng and Pique both struggled to make an impact when here. In addition, we are lacking a leader at CB with Vinny's injury problems. How will Stones cope alongside Mangala or Otamendi rather than a genuine leader like Komps?

People often read posts in a black or white view. Just because I'm openly questioning Stones' price tag doesn't meant that I don't want him here, wouldn't cheer him if he arrived or I am going against Pep. Quite simply I am questioning an absurd valuation on a player who has done nothing to justify it. He could sign for us and turn out to be the best CB since Cannavaro but that still doesn't mean that he is currently worth that money. He could quite easily struggle like Sterling and Mangala have. When ever you spend big money on potential then its a gamble.

If Stone's is currently worth his valuation and it looks like we will pay it, then if Denayer had a good (not outstanding) season for us or another PL side then what would he be worth in today's market? Baring in mind he is similar to Stones and younger.

Just posted in the pre-season premier league thread:

Stones not even in the squad, read into that what you will.

Yeah, I said this during the Sterling transfer. Liverpool were being such hypocrites, claiming he was worth at least £50m, but weren't willing to offer him a wage to match that valuation.

Either way it will leave Everton in a very uncomfortable position with his agent.

They will either have to offer him the £120,000 a week going rate or risk his agent publically starting an argument.

Everton also need to remember that 80% of any current price tag for Stones is potential. As he is currently 22, another poor season and he won't be the next big thing, rather just a good PL CB. If he stays then Everton will need to do everything possible to make him kick onto the next level. That might be difficult if they deny him another big money move.

No offence back but I don't understand posts like yours.

This is a football forum where fans will discuss topics on the club they support. If no one has a relevant opinion on matters because they don't have inside info then what is the point of a forum? We might as well just all shut up and discuss nothing but official business and all come to the same conclusion that the club is always right because they employ more qualified people than us fans.
i
That said what you say is right. I don't have any inside information on the deal and haven't got a Scooby-doo about what marketing a signing in the ilk of Stones could have on the club. That said, I don't really care about that side of the game. All I care about from any potential s is what they can offer on the pitch. That is why I am openly questioning what he has done to justify such an outstanding price tag.

In Stones I see a very good footballer but not a great defender. There are two ways that the situation can be looked at. Firstly, Pique, Ramos and Boateng, three of the best CBs in the world are all much better footballers than they are defenders and Stones has the footballing ability to be on their level. Alternatively, none of them play in the PL and Boateng and Pique both struggled to make an impact when here. In addition, we are lacking a leader at CB with Vinny's injury problems. How will Stones cope alongside Mangala or Otamendi rather than a genuine leader like Komps?

People often read posts in a black or white view. Just because I'm openly questioning Stones' price tag doesn't meant that I don't want him here, wouldn't cheer him if he arrived or I am going against Pep. Quite simply I am questioning an absurd valuation on a player who has done nothing to justify it. He could sign for us and turn out to be the best CB since Cannavaro but that still doesn't mean that he is currently worth that money. He could quite easily struggle like Sterling and Mangala have. When ever you spend big money on potential then its a gamble.

If Stone's is currently worth his valuation and it looks like
we will pay it, then if Denayer had a good (not outstanding) season for us or another PL side then what would he be worth in today's market? Baring in mind he is similar to Stones and younger.
The selling club can ask whatever they want, its the buying club who determine the cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.