John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was having a few beers with some Evertonians the other night (and ive still got my wallet !!!) , mostly match goers , and the majority thought Stones is overpriced at the moment , but they all reckon he is a class act and a potential England captain of the future , and they mostly agreed that it was the way Martinez set up his side tactically , that left their defence exposed with no midfield defensive support for the back four , that made Stones look quite average last season .Quite different from internet trolls on various websites , who are allegedly happy he is leaving Everton . If Pep gets hold of this kid we will have one of the best centre halves in Europe , (although i can see a similar hate campaign waged against Stones , when he signa). We also have great potential in the academy with Aderabiyo if he can continue his progress
You reckon there will be a hate campaign when he moves (presumably to us, and in comparison with Sterling) but I don't think this will necessarily be the case. For one, he will not be leaving one of the country's media darlings so the venom will not be the same. Stones has also kept his head down and got on with it without agitating for a move, unlike the Sterling fiasco 12 months ago whereby the agent did a similar job as Seluk does with Yaya. And with a new manager and new signings expected, £50m, if that is what it takes, for a player that Everton fans reckon is overpriced, then maybe their supporters will be as happy for him to leave as much as City fans wishing to see him here.

Sky confirming Everton bid for williams,rejected.
Probably doing an Everton and holding out for the maximum,£15m would do it,IMO.

reports are that Swansea have rejected the £10mil bid made by Everton for Ashley Williams...I think Everton are more likely to you a deal with Stones, if they have his replacement sorted. fingers crossed we hear some news on Stones soon...
According to team selections for the Sunderland game, he has already signed and got himself onto the teamsheet :)

Thread cleaned up
Guys,please leave any unfounded accusations of racism out of the thread,thankyou.

Last edited:
Yeah,true.....,but in turn would make Everton stand firm on the money they want for Stones....no?

Not arsed really if we get him or not Everton need to wake up to the real world where they think they can offer peanuts for a player and screw another team over with a valuation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.