John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's upto Pep as far as I'm concerned. If he wants to gamble 50 mil then fine.

But that's what it is, a great big enormous gamble. He may become fantastic or never actually get any better. Right now, all 3 of our senior defenders are better than him.

I'm just a punter and as far as I've read we have put a £40m take it or leave offer in. Everton want £50m, and we aren't prepared to pay it.

Only my opinion thats all!!

Of course not, but they played all their best players except the legend that is Smalling.
57284857.jpg

got to be honest....40mil or 50mil...makes no difference to me! Pep will make him the best ball playing CB in the club within 12months, by which time I would have forgotten all about his price tag!....Final piece of business in an excellent transfer window...lets just get it done!;)

I'm just a punter and as far as I've read we have put a £40m take it or leave offer in. Everton want £50m, and we aren't prepared to pay it.

Only my opinion thats all!!

I think that is just the press talking shite. There would be no sense in making a 'take it or leave it offer'. What if Chelsea offered 40.1 mil & they said 'yes' ? We wouldn't have stretched to the extra 100k ?

I imagine it's much much more complicated than that & the two sides are negotiating.

got to be honest....40mil or 50mil...makes no difference to me! Pep will make him the best ball playing CB in the club within 12months, by which time I would have forgotten all about his price tag!....Final piece of business in an excellent transfer window...lets just get it done!;)

I agree with you Pep will turn him into a very cultured defender maybe even "Bobby Moore esque". I'm sure this deal will be done but I hope it's done on City's terms and not Evertons.

I still can't believe Pep is our manager/coach "unbelievable Jeff"

Stones is going to look varying degrees of good dependant on the system he plays in. For what Pep needs he appears ideal. He also ticks the age and homegrown boxes. Every young player is a gamble and some older ones too. I can't see Mangala being able to adapt at all. Stones' passing stats are extremely good though that doesn't tell you everything but Pep likes a player that can control the ball see a pass quickly and get an attack moving and we don't have that at present, not even close.

I like that we're playing hardball with Everton. It makes the statement that we won't be bullied with transfer fees and it shows that we can be cheapish even with all the funds we have available. But I have a bad feeling that this dragging on can have a stressful impact on Stones. If this keeps going on, Stones could be worried over whether he'll leave in the first place and the press would be all over him if this turns into an ugly affair (whether he leaves or not). Hopefully he's handling this well and doesn't have any doubts in his mind once he arrives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.