John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
for those who watched the game last night at OT hang your heads in shame, go and sit on the bottom step of the stairs and dont move until i tell you.

for those who watched the game last night at OT hang your heads in shame, go and sit on the bottom step of the stairs and dont move until i tell you.
Hey Barm I didn't watch it but who are you to tell all them Muffins what to do - everyone knows that the swamp is at least one Sane short of a picnic !!!

Not that I'm too sure whether they find equally good or better replacements, but fuck me, getting maybe even more than 100m for this pair is beyond ridiculous, inflated market or not.

And saying that, I still want us to get Stones.
And if Everton do get that money then it'll be interesting to see what their new owners do with it. I'm suspecting that it'll wipe the smiles off the fans smug faces.

If Everton find a quickish replacement then I`m certain it will get done sooner than later.It appears that they`ve now upped their fee for Williams,so fingers crossed.
May also depend on Swansea possibly getting in a centre back before they sell Williams to Everton maybe

Well it's upto Pep as far as I'm concerned. If he wants to gamble 50 mil then fine.

But that's what it is, a great big enormous gamble. He may become fantastic or never actually get any better. Right now, all 3 of our senior defenders are better than him.
Better than him at what?

Not playing how Pep wishes to play, that's for sure.

Better than him at what?

Not playing how Pep wishes to play, that's for sure.
Yeah stones style is exactly a pep type defender. What defender do we have now that plays the way a true pep player plays like?

Stones might be overrated right now but his style would suit us.

May also depend on Swansea possibly getting in a centre back before they sell Williams to Everton maybe

That's true...and I've also heard that the club whose centre back Swansea want to buy are delaying that deal because they are buying a replacement centre back from another club who are in fact also delaying that particular deal because the centre back they want apparently thinks Williams is not gonna move to Everton anyway thereby scuppering all the deals.

I hope this has clarified the situation.

Everton are really struggling to spend their millions. I think they are trying as we heard whispers about bids / interest in Hart, Witsel and Koulibally. There are a lot of teams who I think have deliberately decided to wait until the closing weeks of the window as teams like City, Utd will be keen to offload players. Likewise barcelona, Real madrid. There might be some deals which we'll wish we were involved in.

I am not sure Williams is a replacement for Stones, but it would allow them to sell Stones if they wanted to. they'd have Jagielka, Williams and Funes Mori as centrebacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.