John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may see it as an optional bonus but the man in charge sees it as vital.
True. But I can see many City fans getting very frustrated if Stones makes a few mistakes, which will happen because he's a young CB with a load of pressure on him who's playing a difficult and risky, if effective, style. There's always a risk that a defensive mistake will cost a team in the long run like Lescott's mistake almost cost us the PL title, regardless of how good the player is, they will make mistakes. Most City fans, including me, will be patient. Not everyone will feel the same.

Really not bothered if we get him at this point. If Pep wants him that's good enough for me. However this is drawing out and I reckon Tosin could be as good a footballer but without the frequent mental errors in a few years if we give him the chance.

In the future I can see it being tosin and him as our cbs though.

Or is there a huge difference between passing between the two centre backs and/or giving it to Yaya than taking it forward and starting an attack with a pass.

That's why your comparisons are ridiculous.

And I rate Lescott, Mangala and Otamendi but Stones is on another level from a ball playing point of view.

How many times in agame, do you imagine Stones sucessfully takes the ball forward & starts an attack ? Compared to say, running forward & then passing it sideways at the halfway line ? Five, ten ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.