John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
whos your ideal CB pairing @Neville Kneville as you seem to be very opinionated regarding Cb
A good question, not to @Neville Kneville necessarily but a general one. We should be looking at a pairing as opposed to just buying CB's, if indeed Pep is to set up with a back four? If he setting up to play a back 3, we should be looking at players who excel in that set up.

In fairness mate we shouldn't be basing any of our opinions on a preseason testimonial game.
It's pretty obvious that this is a deal that we're hoping to pay dividends in the near future as opposed to right now. If he signs I've a feeling we're gonna see plenty of errors from him whilst he gets to grips with what's expected of him.

It's amazing how people still question the lad

The best manager in the world wants him and that should be good enough for everyone

Let's just enjoy the ride rather than flapping

It's amazing how people still question the lad

The best manager in the world wants him and that should be good enough for everyone

Let's just enjoy the ride rather than flapping

Can United afford him though?

I wonder if this is the one where we decide to walk away from the table. Sooner or later we have to, as teams have this idea we will pay anything. My guess is much depends on how Pep assesses what we already have.

We walked away from Hazard and Isco didn't we?

Look pal, If you seriously believe that that is a sensible transfer policy, good luck to you. Il leave that there.

Ok peace fellow blue, but I wasn't the one that threw the first stone.

I just want whats best for the club we both support. It looks like we are at an impasse with Everton according to some reports.

What will be will be with this, and I suspect if Pep really wants him, this may well be a deadline day signing.

CTID

You did. I still think that is somewhat of an exaggeration. If he were that good, he wouldn't be plying his trade at Goodison and would have been snapped up by now, probably in Spain. He has potential at the moment

The fact that he is still is at Everton has EVERYTHING to do about Everton and you know it. We are lucky to get a chance at him because I doubt we would have been able to get him off of Chelsea.

A good question, not to @Neville Kneville necessarily but a general one. We should be looking at a pairing as opposed to just buying CB's, if indeed Pep is to set up with a back four? If he setting up to play a back 3, we should be looking at players who excel in that set up.
My ideal CB pairing for the next few years?
First choice?
Honestly?

Otamendi and Mangala.
Seriously.
Pep can make this work.
Mangala has the physique to dominate players such as Costa and Ibrahimovic, whereas Otamendi can deal with sweeping up and, to an extent, playing out from the back.

When they're good, they're amazing. Mangala about 50% of the time, Otamendi about 70%. If Pep can bring this up to more like 90%, we're set.

In three years they'll be around 31 and 28, not bad at all for two BPL CBs. Make it happen, City.

Yes, I'm serious. Otamendi is the best CB in the league bar Kompany and Koscielny when all are at their best, Mangala has the potential to be up in that top 5.

Of course this is irrelevant if Kompany can stay fit. Which, so as not to get my hopes up, I just assume he won't nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.