John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good and much needed purchase.

Couldn't give two hoots what Sky or Uefa say. All i care about is that we got a very good centre who could become a world class centre half with pep.....i also think that we forget that he will be learning next to Vinnie Kompany and there is no better player to learn from.

I thought that initially, but the quotes Sky are running from the City source say it's a "huge embarrassment" so as funny as it is that everyone is talking about Stones rather than Pogba, we aren't exactly covering ourselves in glory.

I suspect City included Stones in the squad as it will definitely be completed and they want him to play in the qualifiers. City may have beem unaware when the UEFA website would upload the squad lists and were hoping to quietly finalise the details for Stones before announcing the signing either later today or tomorrow.

We'll probably need to announce this today now so not to let the saga drag on even further.
It just sounds like the deal is being done on or around the deadline, and City wanted to get him registered. I heard what SSN said, but I don't see that as embarrassment. better to be open about it, that way no one can accuse you of tricks.

Yeah I think I get your point mate; we shouldn't have included Stones in our Champions League squad list in time and should have waited first for some fancy graphic and interview on the OS, it's obviously more important.

This.

Who's embarrassed? It's working to our advantage and I can't take any more of this bullshit 'wait until tomorrow morning so we can post a generic interview featuring a million close ups of the badge and Nike logo' thing.

It's brightened my day and, as a City fan, that's what I want from City transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.