John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's widely reported we paid Everton 47.5m For Stones. I very much doubt we'd be able to sell him for that much at present pal.

At the end of the day a player gets sold for what the buying club is prepared to pay and the selling club agrees on. If we are to sell him I think we'd probably get 35m tops right now.

We would be stupid to sell for that price.

It's widely reported we paid Everton 47.5m For Stones. I very much doubt we'd be able to sell him for that much at present pal.

At the end of the day a player gets sold for what the buying club is prepared to pay and the selling club agrees on. If we are to sell him I think we'd probably get 35m tops right now.

I'm going to go ahead and disagree, respectfully. I get the reserved opinion, but i can't buy into it.

There'd be no point selling at 35m, what do you spend that on, can't eveb begin to replace him for that.

I guess we can only ever truly know if arsenal show actual interest and the club put a price out, like they did with leroy.

Either way, we agree he's not going anywhere this month. Summer is a (in football) lifetime away.

Willing him to become consistently good with form and injuries BUT if Pep feels it's not going to happen then sell for a high fee and NO loan. Think we'd be hard pushed to get 50 million 'up front' as it is now though so might have to be 35-40 plus add-ons unfortunately

How naw?

If clubs can refuse 50m for Dunk, 45m for Ake, and when maguire is 85m, etc etc etc..

Different times , different market. If we were looking to buy him, he'd be an 80m player.

I'm not saying those players are as good as him or twice as good in Maguire's case. I'm saying that clubs know we have fuck loads of cash and thus always lowball us on a fee. If we were talking one of the young forwards or midfielders or Laporte or Ederson then yeah they would command huge fees but teams know that they can get an option not far off from Stones' quality for much cheaper than you're suggesting we would get. Those clubs also rely on those players much more than we rely on Stones. Selling one of them could result in them going down. Realistically, knowing we'd be bringing in a replacement, how much worse off are we without Stones?

City have always been poor selling players for market value ever since Swales was chairman. Nowadays not a lot has changed. Clubs expect to fleece us when buying their players. When we sell they expect us to sell our players at a bargain price. John Stones hasn't progressed enough and established himself to command a fee anywhere near 80m, and even if he had clubs would balk at our asking price.

Exactly. If we could even get £45m for him in the summer I wouldn't be shocked if City accepted it, pending his form in the second half of the season.

I'm not saying those players are as good as him or twice as good in Maguire's case. I'm saying that clubs know we have fuck loads of cash and thus always lowball us on a fee. If we were talking one of the young forwards or midfielders or Laporte or Ederson then yeah they would command huge fees but teams know that they can get an option not far off from Stones' quality for much cheaper than you're suggesting we would get. Those clubs also rely on those players much more than we rely on Stones. Selling one of them could result in them going down. Realistically, knowing we'd be bringing in a replacement, how much worse off are we without Stones?

Exactly. If we could even get £45m for him in the summer I wouldn't be shocked if City accepted it, pending his form in the second half of the season.

Who would you say is of the same quality as stones, but much cheaper (and also english/homegrown, and approaching their prime years)?

genuine question btw, rather than point-making bickering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.