John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pam said:
ramsdale4 said:
That's basically what pat nevin said will happen. The likes of drogba, ballack & cole etc will all want a pay rise.

I'm confused. Was he saying Chelski making such an offer was a good idea or not?
From what I caught at the end it seemed that nevin was being quite impartial, stating it is vital that Chelsea keep terry as he is the club captain, spine of the team etc etc, but also that this whole sitution will open up a can of worms regarding the other key players in the squad.

vincent said:
so he is on £130k at the moment. all this bullshit just for an 10-15% pay-rise.. if true; i'm not sure how he could turn round and say he loves the club. its just about £££ just like it would be if he joined city.

The extra £1 million or so per year, even if they class it as image rights and manage to avoid tax on it, and even if they give him an extension of 1 or 2 years, doesn't get close to what City are reputedly offering him. As I've mentioned above, the disparity is huge (a minimum of an eight figure sum over the life of the contract).

Will he turn that down? Maybe, and respect to him if he does. But I really think most footballers wouldn't. The sums involved are really enormous.

Pam said:
I'm confused. Was he saying Chelski making such an offer was a good idea or not?

I didn't hear the interview and so maybe am taking this out of contxct, but it sounds like he's saying that they'd be creating problems for themselves within the squad if they did this.

Dyed Petya said:
Pam said:

I didn't hear the interview and so maybe am taking this out of contxct, but it sounds like he's saying that they'd be creating problems for themselves within the squad if they did this.

Well they would be, of course, for the reasons already posted.

Dyed Petya said:
vincent said:
so he is on £130k at the moment. all this bullshit just for an 10-15% pay-rise.. if true; i'm not sure how he could turn round and say he loves the club. its just about £££ just like it would be if he joined city.

The extra £1 million or so per year, even if they class it as image rights and manage to avoid tax on it, and even if they give him an extension of 1 or 2 years, doesn't get close to what City are reputedly offering him. As I've mentioned above, the disparity is huge (a minimum of an eight figure sum over the life of the contract).

Will he turn that down? Maybe, and respect to him if he does. But I really think most footballers wouldn't. The sums involved are really enormous.

I think Terry would be a fool to turn down City. Partly on a purely financial basis, but not only. I am convinced that City will be THE club to be at in the next few years. He could be a big, big part of that. Or he could stay, and help prop up Roman's declining empire at the Bridge. It's a no-brainer.

it's strange that all the people involved in this deal has gone silence since, now even itk......where's spursmad321 when you need him? :(

If he was "NOT FOR SALE" could Chelsea not just have told us that privately in no uncertain terms, why go public??
i think the move, to City, suits everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.