John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
to a certain degree i understand what JT is going through, i am sure a good few of us have been in similar situations however obviously not at the financial levels he is at.......

you work for a company, you are well paid at that company, you enjoy working for that company although you feel the M.D. is a tad intimidating, the Chief Exec is a twat, the manager is forever changing......

along pops a new job offer, they show how much they want you, offered a massive pay increase and told how you will be the main man at your new place of work - they also tell you that they will make you one of the HIGHEST paid people within your profession in the entire world.

personally i left the business i enjoyed working for and followed the cash and promises.

people underestimate the lure of being one of the best paid in your chosen profession, just because JT is on 120k per week does not mean he wouldn't like to be on 200k per week with one of the largest endorsement packages ever seen in football.

as i said earlier IF he doesn't speak before getting back to blighty then i think he is ours.

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Todays game proved how much we need JT.

It didn't prove anything to me. But it reminded me that our manager has not so far demonstrated his ability to teach us how to play decent football. With all the hysteria about transfers, I had forgotten that. Today was a sobering reminder. We can have all the greatest players in the world, but if the guy running the show is clueless, it will be for nothing. Let's hope I am wrong and he proves his ability come the start of the season.

The Fixer said:
Been thinking what the fcuk can JT say after 3 weeks of silence? I don't think it would sit well with chelsea fans him saying i never wanted to leave blah blah.

Thoughts?

I agree actually. What will he say if he's not moving? Probably "I've had a lot to think about but decided this is where my heart lies."? But that begs the question, why did you not just say "I'm considering my future but have made no decision yet" a fortnight ago? It's obviously a shady political business.

The longer he stays silent the more chance we have of getting him. If we don't get him no doubt Chelsea will have inflated his wages. Win-win if you ask me.

neil jung said:
Hmm, our old friend Jason Burt in The Telegraph appears to be getting cold feet due to the DEAFENING silence...

John Terry has not, pointedly, broken his silence over the Manchester City transfer saga.

And now Carlo Ancelotti, the Chelsea manager, has staked his own reputation that Terry will stay.

But why wait? No one has any reason not to put their trust in Ancelotti.

But Chelsea have been in the United States for more than a week now. And Terry hasn’t spoken, to either the American or international media. Not once.

Given this tour is largely about spreading the message to a new market then the failure for the club captain to voice an opinion is curious. Publicly Chelsea say there is no need for him to talk. Privately they are desperate for him to do so.

Chelsea have set out a sequence of events that they now want. The club have appealed to Terry to publicly pledge his future to them – after which they will negotiate a new contract for the 28 year-old that would include a pay rise to once again make him the highest-earning player.

It is certain that Terry’s head has been turned by City’s money and ambitions and that, for the last few weeks, he has been in some turmoil. Maybe he now feels Chelsea are trying to force his hand while City wait, hoping, he will take the drastic step of submitting a transfer request. That remains unlikely. It is a serious situation.

So, this is a story by Jason Burt. As I understand it, he's regarded as a Chelsea-friendly journalist. Earlier in the week, his story, based on Chelsea's briefing in the USA, insisted that Terry would soon pledge his future to the London club.

Suddenly, the Stamford Bridge skipper's failure to break his slience is regarded by Burt as being done, "pointedly." Apparently, Chelsea, though they won't say so in public, are "desperate" for Terry to commit himself to the club, yet "the failure for the club captain to voice an opinion is curious". We are told that, "It is certain [my emphasis] that Terry’s head has been turned by City’s money and ambitions."

Now, the story here seems very much at odds with the one Burt filed with such alacrity to his paper earlier in the week. Am I the only one who sees this as a potentially interesting sea change?

"It’s clear he wants a greater show of faith: either more money (and Chelsea have already said they cannot match the near £200,000 a week plus bonuses on offer at City), the signing of the big-name players he was promised would come to the club and, also, an acknowledgement of how valuable he is at the club."

Can I ask what the hell he needs a show of faith for? He must have a serious confidence problem, seeing that he's club captain and that all their fans love him. Chelase will offer him more money right away, What is he waiting for? He really must be considering his options..it will be mad if he moves to us and Im beginning to think that it could be a possibility. Mad!

The Fixer said:
Been thinking what the fcuk can JT say after 3 weeks of silence? I don't think it would sit well with chelsea fans him saying i never wanted to leave blah blah.

Thoughts?

My personal opinion is that after 3 weeks of silence, and especially the past 3 or 4 days when he was definately going to make a statement there has to be damage to his reptutation with the Chelsea fans. If he is so keen to maintain and further cultivate his status as Mr Chelsea then you would have thought that he would have spoken out as soon as Chelsea broke the story of our rejected second bid like he did in January.

By not doing so then he has made it blatently obvious that he has been interested in the City offer (financial reasons ro otherwise) and the thought of him leaving his beloved Chelsea is a realistic propostion which doesn't appeal to the fans.

We have already seen on many many occasions with players that fans don't forget a "hero" having his head turned, even if he stays on at the club he professes to love, look at the reaction of Arsenal fans to Adebayor last season after having his head turned by AC.

Dyed Petya said:
neil jung said:
Hmm, our old friend Jason Burt in The Telegraph appears to be getting cold feet due to the DEAFENING silence...

John Terry has not, pointedly, broken his silence over the Manchester City transfer saga.

And now Carlo Ancelotti, the Chelsea manager, has staked his own reputation that Terry will stay.

But why wait? No one has any reason not to put their trust in Ancelotti.

But Chelsea have been in the United States for more than a week now. And Terry hasn’t spoken, to either the American or international media. Not once.

Given this tour is largely about spreading the message to a new market then the failure for the club captain to voice an opinion is curious. Publicly Chelsea say there is no need for him to talk. Privately they are desperate for him to do so.

Chelsea have set out a sequence of events that they now want. The club have appealed to Terry to publicly pledge his future to them – after which they will negotiate a new contract for the 28 year-old that would include a pay rise to once again make him the highest-earning player.

It is certain that Terry’s head has been turned by City’s money and ambitions and that, for the last few weeks, he has been in some turmoil. Maybe he now feels Chelsea are trying to force his hand while City wait, hoping, he will take the drastic step of submitting a transfer request. That remains unlikely. It is a serious situation.

So, this is a story by Jason Burt. As I understand it, he's regarded as a Chelsea-friendly journalist. Earlier in the week, his story, based on Chelsea's briefing in the USA, insisted that Terry would soon pledge his future to the London club.

Suddenly, the Stamford Bridge skipper's failure to break his slience is regarded by Burt as being done, "pointedly." Apparently, Chelsea, though they won't say so in public, are "desperate" for Terry to commit himself to the club, yet "the failure for the club captain to voice an opinion is curious". We are told that, "It is certain [my emphasis] that Terry’s head has been turned by City’s money and ambitions."

Now, the story here seems very much at odds with the one Burt filed with such alacrity to his paper earlier in the week. Am I the only one who sees this as a potentially interesting sea change?

Same thing occured to me too. Especially after his article earlier this week was so conclusive in its nature. Perhaps after initially being briefed by the head of communications at Chelsea, he now understands the reality of the situation to be a little less clear cut.

Could be clutching at straws, but the article does give a very different complexion on the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.