John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chelsea reject Terry offer [Merged]

Also, I'm not a Chelsea supporter, but someone compared City with Chelsea before money, I think you may be a little off..

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup
Winners (2): 1971, 1998
UEFA Super Cup
Winners (1): 1998

League Cup
Winners (4): 1965, 1998, 2005, 2007

FA Cup
Winners (5): 1970, 1997, 2000, 2007, 2009

For a team that were no bigger than city they have a lot more trophies before Ab, no?

Johnny Tabasco said:
alera said:
Fair play mate. I think the point was you were midtable - 6th at best up till 2003 and you average attendances even after all your success and investmane over the last few years has not been great. Yes your stadium is not so good but surely with all the money you had if you thought you could fill a bigger ground one would hav been built ala Arsenal with the emirates.

The truth is before Roman Chelsea were just an average mid table side in every sense certainly no bigger than city.

Chelsea had finished in the top 6 and qualifed for Europe for the seven seasons before Roman came. Our attendances are fine. Apart from one of two Champions League minnow matches a few years ago we sell out every game at SB.

Not getting into arguments about this though. Didnt come here to do that.

All conveniently forgetting that Matthew Harding had already bank-rolled Chelsea into the upper reaches of the Premier League before Abramovich appeared. Gullitt/ Vialli etc.

alera said:
Chelsea had finished in the top 6 and qualifed for Europe for the seven seasons before Roman came. Our attendances are fine. Apart from one of two Champions League minnow matches a few years ago we sell out every game at SB.

Your attendance are not fine compared to the big UK and european sides !

Even Celtic and Rangers in the joke SPL pub league are much much better supported.

Slightly unfair to compare us to Celtic and Rangers who have two of the biggest fanbases in the world!

We have never said we have the fanbase of Real Madrid, Bayern etc. The club mightve tried to act (embarrassingly) like them at times but the point i was trying to make is that we are better supported than people make out. Obviously we have had taken a lot of prawnies these past few years (duck because they are coming your way too now) and have more visible fans than ever but we do still have a true hardcore support, sadly of which many have now been priced out.

I dont think Chelsea fans have ever kidded ourselves that we are on a par with Arsenal Liverpool, Utd but we just have to stick up for our club when people say we have no history and are only a club the size of Palace or Fulham because its simply not true.

Naws said:
Also, I'm not a Chelsea supporter, but someone compared City with Chelsea before money, I think you may be a little off..

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup
UEFA Super Cup

League Cup

FA Cup

For a team that were no bigger than city they have a lot more trophies before Ab, no?

Not really.

Before the Abramovich money it was the Harding money and a huge loan.

avoidconfusion said:
Citytillidie69 said:
avoidconfusion said:
So you are saying Hughes was not in Dubai last week staying in villa near John Terrys ?

I am saying that neither Hughes nor Cook would tap up a player contracted to another club and I am saying that your story from your mate is bullshit.

or maybe they just wouldn't admit it ....unlike Chelsea who had to come clean after photo's were published of C'ashley affair.

Oh yea sure, and if those meetings really happened, of course noone took a picture of Cook and JT or Hughes and JT having a little chit chat right? Bullshit.

All Im saying is Alera has his opinion and you have yours, but you cannot just dismiss his because you think its bullshit. Dubia is the playground of a lot of professional footballers and their bosses ....so you cannot dismiss the fact that players will bump into other players and managers out there...can you ?

Also hypothetically lets say they did tap up JT ....they are not going to do it in a public space are they ?

Balti said:
Johnny Tabasco said:
alera said:
Fair play mate. I think the point was you were midtable - 6th at best up till 2003 and you average attendances even after all your success and investmane over the last few years has not been great. Yes your stadium is not so good but surely with all the money you had if you thought you could fill a bigger ground one would hav been built ala Arsenal with the emirates.

The truth is before Roman Chelsea were just an average mid table side in every sense certainly no bigger than city.

All conveniently forgetting that Matthew Harding had already bank-rolled Chelsea into the upper reaches of the Premier League before Abramovich appeared.

No he hadnt. He gave money towards the south stand. Thats it.

Naws said:

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup
UEFA Super Cup

League Cup

FA Cup

that just proves the point, they had a good team for about a year in 97,98 then nothing untill they got bought out. before that well 1971 wasnt recent was it, and that fails to add the relegations and piss poor attendance that watched through the tough years. also as we had been told through last season, the uefa and league cup aint worth winning? or are they if another team wins them ? im confused by all the double standards

Naws said:

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup
UEFA Super Cup

League Cup

FA Cup

Thay had money from 2003??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.