John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chelsea reject Terry offer [Merged]

alera said:
Excatly there is no fucking difference.

Chelsea were nothing before Roman everyone knows this.

Chelsea without him and the money are nothing TBH not at all well supported in the scheme of things. We had better average attendances when we were stuggling near the bottokm of the league versus them winning titles !

I dont want to here about the Bridges capacity either - doesnt wash with the sort of money you had. Arsenal had nothing like your money and they needed a bigger stadium so built one.

You never built a bigger ground becuase you couldnt fill it - dont have a good enough support base.

So that is to say that we are nothing now then?

Chelsea do have a decent fan base. But its quite funny how we harp on about United fans not thinking football was created until 1992, yet a lot of fans of other clubs believe that Chelsea were established in 2003.

alera said:
Excatly there is no fucking difference.

Chelsea were nothing before Roman everyone knows this.

Chelsea without him and the money are nothing TBH not at all well supported in the scheme of things. We had better average attendances when we were stuggling near the bottokm of the league versus them winning titles !

I dont want to here about the Bridges capacity either - doesnt wash with the sort of money you had. Arsenal had nothing like your money and they needed a bigger stadium so built one.

You never built a bigger ground becuase you couldnt fill it - dont have a good enough support base.

Its just incorrect. It really is. Petty, even.

Chelsea are looking at moving to a new ground and have been for a few years. Many fans are uncomfortable with it as they dont want to leave the spiritual home (something you know all about i presume) Location is the issue. The Bridge simply cannot be expanded anymore. Yes we do not have fanbase of Arsenal so it wont be a 60-70k ground if and when it goes ahead. I suspect more around 50k. And we will fill it.

This is true but always the case with forums....

History is exactly what it says on the tin, its History why does the History of a club make any difference, so historically you were powerful doesnt mean you have any right to be powerful in the future.

If the only insult a team or a clubs fans can level at us is our supposed lack of history then so be it they can stay in the pat where history is because we are the future.

Shooter 83 said:
Lets not forget Matthew Harding(rip) who pumped loads of cash into Chelsea when they had only won 4 major honours.

Again, i repeat this. No.He.Did.Not.

He helped fund a new stand. That was it.

Why do some of you think of Matty Harding as a rich sugar daddy ? It simply wasnt the case at all.

mancboy123 said:
If the only insult a team or a clubs fans can level at us is our supposed lack of history then so be it they can stay in the pat where history is because we are the future.

As a Chelsea fan I agree totally. But get used to hearing about it. Mainly from bitter Liverpool fans from Ireland and Asia!

Its just incorrect. It really is. Petty, even.

Chelsea are looking at moving to a new ground and have been for a few years. Many fans are uncomfortable with it as they dont want to leave the spiritual home (something you know all about i presume) Location is the issue. The Bridge simply cannot be expanded anymore. Yes we do not have fanbase of Arsenal so it wont be a 60-70k ground if and when it goes ahead. I suspect more around 50k. And we will fill it.

Its not incorrect or petty its the facts on the ground. Emirates cost £300m million and holds 60,000 - one of the best gorunds in the country. Arsenal are skint - yet they needed a bigger goround so they built it.

You spend £600 million on players over 5 seasons or so yet dont build a bigger stadium. Money no object but you dont build a bigger ground.

Why because you dont have the fans to fill it. Simples....

City were the 5th best supported side in teh league last season Behind Rags, Arsenal, Newcastle, Liverpool. This season without Newcastle in the league city will be the 3rd best suported side most likely.

Success wise before Roman were were the same. Support base wise we are certainly bigger and always have been. Thesea re the facts ont he ground.

As a slight aside to the ranting that even I appear to have been dragged into (but will now desist). How strange a decision does Sturridges look now when the new Chelsea manager says on day one he hasn't heard of him or seen him play ? his move appears very Ill advised in light of that statement if he was expecting first team football ?

You might care if MC get points deducted next season?

Prey tell why City would have a points deduction. Is it because;

a) The owners have more money that the Sky4?
b) The Chicken Balti pies are ridicously overpriced?
c) Gary Cook's brother is bigger than yours
d) It's just not fair, boo fucking hoo

get a grip,
I thought it was pretty obvious why it could be a possibility. What would be the point in fining the richest club in the world?

But that was a great post, what does the get a grip comment mean by the way, a grip of what?

It simply means anyone whether a football supporter, football manager or anyone in between, agents, sports commentator or just simply uniterested members of the public that can pass a crass comment to the effect that City should be points deducted need to get a grip of reality. Whereas it may be argued that Real Madrid, Manure , Liverpool etc that are bankrolling their spending built on huge debt levels are in fact the ones that should, if any have a points deduction. However as football is a commercial activity as well as a sport then this 'non argument' relating to a hypthetical scenario of point deduction is rendered redundant.

Thank You and Goodnight. Now has Terry signed yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.