John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chelsea reject Terry offer [Merged]

Shooter 83 said:
Chelsea fans credit Matthew Harding with starting the club’s climb back to the top.

A stand at the club’s Stamford Bridge ground is named in his honour.

Yeah it was the stand he helped finance , it was renamed his stand after he died.

Harding was popular with fans because he was one of us, he used to drink with the fans and travel with them to games, he was seen as a rival to the unpopular Bates and Bates saw him as a threat and and tried to limit his influence.

Honestly, there was no 'bankrolling' of anything.

Spindash said:
blueinsa said:
Dont know if this has been covered and i cant be arsed trawling thru thousands of threads.

The what the papers say section of the OS leads with.

"Terry stays on City Radar"

As a club, if we knew we had no chance of ever getting this guy we would not run a story like this!

This is very clever coverage of the story by the club who's official stance on this has been one of complete silence.

City put all sorts on that section. It doesn't mean anything.

City put on that section exactly what they want to put.

This story has got legs.....

Spindash said:
blueinsa said:
Dont know if this has been covered and i cant be arsed trawling thru thousands of threads.

The what the papers say section of the OS leads with.

"Terry stays on City Radar"

As a club, if we knew we had no chance of ever getting this guy we would not run a story like this!

This is very clever coverage of the story by the club who's official stance on this has been one of complete silence.

City put all sorts on that section. It doesn't mean anything.

I'd say it does mean something, they have thousands of press articles they could put on their website and they chose that one.

I wouldn't read anyhting to the paper section on the OS.

I would be interested to hear from our Chelsea friends what they think of Terry's silence. Are they surprised or worried by this? Do they expect something by XXXday?

Johnny Tabasco said:
Shooter 83 said:
Lets not forget Matthew Harding(rip) who pumped loads of cash into Chelsea when they had only won 4 major honours.

Again, i repeat this. No.He.Did.Not.

He helped fund a new stand. That was it.

Why do some of you think of Matty Harding as a rich sugar daddy ? It simply wasnt the case at all.

I think Harding was more involved than you're giving him credit for.

I went to a do with a Co. I used to work for back then. The beer was Coors (yuk), Bates made an appearance, full of himself but I got chatting to the guy in charge of Corporate do's like the one I was at. He made it clear that Harding was the money behind the club guaranteeing loans etc. He was unequivocal that without Harding Chelsea were in the shit but Bates continued to hog the power. Of course Harding was a Chelsea fan whereas Bates was in it for the dough.

Until Terry comes out in public to say he is staying at Stamford Bridge the transfer is by no means over. Just because Ancelotti says he will stay doesn't mean he will. Has Ancelotti even met with Terry yet?

Its a bit odd he has said nothing for sure.

Best case scenario for Chelsea is that they are getting shaken down by their "True Blue" captain for an even bigger contract (Already on £140k a week and guranteed to be the higher made player).

Worst case scenario he has been talking to city behind their backs and want to jump ship for the money we are offering.

Not great from either angle really !

As they say what goes around comes around !

jay-lofty said:
Until Terry comes out in public to say he is staying at Stamford Bridge the transfer is by no means over. Just because Ancelotti says he will stay doesn't mean he will. Has Ancelotti even met with Terry yet?

No but he spoke to him a month ago. PMSL.

TonyM said:
I wouldn't read anyhting to the paper section on the OS.

I would be interested to hear from our Chelsea friends what they think of Terry's silence. Are they surprised or worried by this? Do they expect something by XXXday?

Yes i am surprised. But he is on holiday and not due to return untill Thursday. I agree Chelsea have not helped themslves be releasing the website statement. Still the stance they are taking (backed up by Ancelotti today) means if Terry is going to leave he is going to have to force the issue himself.

I simply dont think he will.

Funny thing is, for all the talk of Mr Chelsea etc, he isnt the player he was a few years ago. He has really slowed and his back is playing up more than ever too. We would miss his leadership and organisation and to be fair money cant buy that.

But Alex had a storming season last year. Ivanovic is the real deal and Mancienne is waiting in the wings who looks good too, we would miss his leadership for sure, but not his current form. 45/50 million ? Jesus, id bite youre cock off for it.

Jesus, i felt wrong saying that. Some Chelsea fans would kill me, but im being a realist. If that money went back into the team, fuck me it might be worth it.

But it aint happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.