John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chelsea reject Terry offer [Merged]

alera said:
Its just incorrect. It really is. Petty, even.

Chelsea are looking at moving to a new ground and have been for a few years. Many fans are uncomfortable with it as they dont want to leave the spiritual home (something you know all about i presume) Location is the issue. The Bridge simply cannot be expanded anymore. Yes we do not have fanbase of Arsenal so it wont be a 60-70k ground if and when it goes ahead. I suspect more around 50k. And we will fill it.

Its not incorrect or petty its the facts on the ground. Emirates cost £300m million and holds 60,000 - one of the best gorunds in the country. Arsenal are skint - yet they needed a bigger goround so they built it.

You spend £600 million on players over 5 seasons or so yet dont build a bigger stadium. Money no object but you dont build a bigger ground.

Why because you dont have the fans to fill it. Simples....

Mate youre wrong. But like i said im not getting into an argument about it. I didnt come here to do that, i respect City fans and this forum too much to argue with them.

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
As a slight aside to the ranting that even I appear to have been dragged into (but will now desist). How strange a decision does Sturridges look now when the new Chelsea manager says on day one he hasn't heard of him or seen him play ? his move appears very Ill advised in light of that statement if he was expecting first team football ?

Hahaha brilliant, yeah good luck with that Danny.

Chelsea had large attendances in the 40s and 50s. That had largely subsided in the decades that followed to the point where I recall them regularly drawing less than 20,000 at home in the early 90s. However since the Hoddle/Gullit/Vialli revolution they've largely filled the Bridge.

Mate youre wrong. But like i said im not getting into an argument about it. I didnt come here to do that, i respect City fans and this forum too much to argue with them.

You say I am wrong but cant back up you are saying with facts. You say you were more successful than us pre Roman this has been disproven.

You refuse to be drawn on the attendances issue and refusal to build a bigger ground despite limitless funds. Cant take you seriously mate.

Chelsea fans credit Matthew Harding with starting the club’s climb back to the top.

A stand at the club’s Stamford Bridge ground is named in his honour.

On Twitter (guy who works for talksport)

Sources say jt is in tenerife and hasn't said anything because he is after the biggest contract he can get from city, poss 250k a wk
about 18 hours ago from txt

<a class="postlink" href="http://twitter.com/danscag" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://twitter.com/danscag</a>

dannybcity said:
Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
As a slight aside to the ranting that even I appear to have been dragged into (but will now desist). How strange a decision does Sturridges look now when the new Chelsea manager says on day one he hasn't heard of him or seen him play ? his move appears very Ill advised in light of that statement if he was expecting first team football ?

Hahaha brilliant, yeah good luck with that Danny.

PMSL

Could have a thread of its own this!

alera said:

You say I am wrong but cant back up you are saying with facts. You say you were more successful than us pre Roman this has been disproven.

You refuse to be drawn on the attendances issue and refusal to build a bigger ground despite limitless funds. Cant take you seriously mate.

I didnt say that. Are you getting me mixed up with someone else.

As for the attendances , i cant be bothered to argue its not a case of not being drawn. You seem the type of guy who wont give up so im not going to give it any time.

We are looking at possibility of a new ground and have been for a few years, thats as far as i will go. Its funny how you seem to know a lot more about my club and fans than i do.

Dont know if this has been covered and i cant be arsed trawling thru thousands of threads.

The what the papers say section of the OS leads with.

"Terry stays on City Radar"

As a club, if we knew we had no chance of ever getting this guy we would not run a story like this!

This is very clever coverage of the story by the club who's official stance on this has been one of complete silence.

There is definately something going on and the PC at Chelsea this morning did nothing for me to change my mind.

No matter where you are in this world, it takes minutes to issue a statement and Terry's silence says a lot.

blueinsa said:
Dont know if this has been covered and i cant be arsed trawling thru thousands of threads.

The what the papers say section of the OS leads with.

"Terry stays on City Radar"

As a club, if we knew we had no chance of ever getting this guy we would not run a story like this!

This is very clever coverage of the story by the club who's official stance on this has been one of complete silence.

City put all sorts on that section. It doesn't mean anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.