John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
city diehard said:
can someone please tell me what has happend today regarding terry?

Nothing really. He is supposed to be in a meeting this afternoon with the Chelsea board and manager. It has been said that he will be handing in a transfer request but that has yet to be seen.

Re: Terry Rumours Thread [Merged]

Dribble said:
cyberblue said:
C_T_I_D said:
alera said:
Also playing less games would probably do him good in the run up tot he world cup.

I thought that but hesitated for some reason. I think the reason being is he'd want to play @ the highest level and wouldn't view playing less games through that as a positive (from the players perspective).

I dont buy it about missing out on playing at the 'highest level'. The Champions League for the most part is Shite, it doesnt even get anywhere near interesting until the 1/4 final stage(which has 4 Prem League teams in it) the tournament is a toss up between the English clubs and Barca. So really he's not missing out on anything othere than possibly playing against Barcelona.

Thats what I'd tell him, any thoughts?

Here Bloody Here!!!! *LOL* - At last someone has stated the obvious!!! Seeing as it's mostly English teams who occupy the latter stages of the Champions League, a season in the Premiership would definitely be a harder slog for any player without a doubt!!! Hasn't Michele Platini been going on about breaking the domination of the English clubs in Europe? The Prem is where it's at!!

Well Said!!! CTID

It's what I've been saying for ages. Winning the Champions League is a nice feather in your cap but in England winning your domestic league is everything! Ask any Liverpool fan what they'd rather win and you'll get an un-erring answer "The Premiership der la!" It's a hollow victory to say "We're the best club in Europe!" when you're not even the best in England. The Chumps League is, after all is said and done, a Knockout competition (barring the silly group stage which is only there so every team gets at least 6 games). The Premiership is a long hard fought 38 game slog which only the best will win (except last year when the rags won even though Liverpool were the better team).

very surprised if Terry was staying now - surely Mr Chelsea would have commented by now if he was definitely staying there? Makes me think the odds are in our favour now

There was some Talk Shite wittering first thing this morning about Terry being offered £155,000 p.w. to stay but I've been at work since so I don't know if they've been repeating this story or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.