John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should publicly state with our final offer that this is a one-time deal. Take it or leave it. We won't be back next year as the offer is based on his ability to lead us in the next phase which starts now not next year. Perhaps 24 hours is not long enough in his case, but put a limit on it anyhow......say a week. Make the bastards sweat.

We need to know one way or t'other and move on to other targets if the answer is no.

Balti said:
We should publicly state with our final offer that this is a one-time deal. Take it or leave it. We won't be back next year as the offer is based on his ability to lead us in the next phase which starts now not next year. Perhaps 24 hours is not long enough in his case, but put a limit on it anyhow......say a week. Make the bastards sweat.

We need to know one way or t'other and move on to other targets if the answer is no.

I think you should be doing the negotiations

Balti said:

For Terry's position, we should be looking at other targets anyway, and I think we probably are - Even if we signed Lescott tomorrow, if Terry decided he wanted it come I doubt we'd say no. I do think there needs to be a limit on how long we're prepared to wait, mainly because it impacts on the players who are at present still here, but might be on their way if he signs - Dunne for instance. That just creates confusion and dischord, and we've had enough of that to last a lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.