John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left Peg said:
Balti said:
We should publicly state with our final offer that this is a one-time deal. Take it or leave it. We won't be back next year as the offer is based on his ability to lead us in the next phase which starts now not next year. Perhaps 24 hours is not long enough in his case, but put a limit on it anyhow......say a week. Make the bastards sweat.

We need to know one way or t'other and move on to other targets if the answer is no.

I think you should be doing the negotiations

Cheers buddy but they can't afford me. Oh hang on.......

Seriously what's the point of letting it drag on and on and then getting a no. It's not just about possibly missing out on JT it's also the 'missed opportunity cost' elsewhere. Better to make powerful and persuasive bids but look for a quick commitment. The end result of that is that we get players who are more enthusiastic about wanting to play for the club as well.

If JT wanted to play for City he surely would have already come out and said so by now. He's playing us off against Chelsea and that puts him in control. Just like Eto'o. I would prefer City to be in the driving seat. There's plenty more fish in the sea as me mam liked to say. City's future does not depend on signing JT or Eto'o. It will be determined by recruiting the best that we can as quickly as we can. Whoever they may be. imo.

The part of the equation that falls down is that in our current position it is next to impossible to be in the driving seat. It's easy to say it, but the reality is there isn't much we could do different.

Balti said:
Left Peg said:
Balti said:
We should publicly state with our final offer that this is a one-time deal. Take it or leave it. We won't be back next year as the offer is based on his ability to lead us in the next phase which starts now not next year. Perhaps 24 hours is not long enough in his case, but put a limit on it anyhow......say a week. Make the bastards sweat.

We need to know one way or t'other and move on to other targets if the answer is no.

I think you should be doing the negotiations

Cheers buddy but they can't afford me. Oh hang on.......

Seriously what's the point of letting it drag on and on and then getting a no. It's not just about possibly missing out on JT it's also the 'missed opportunity cost' elsewhere. Better to make powerful and persuasive bids but look for a quick commitment. The end result of that is that we get players who are more enthusiastic about wanting to play for the club as well.

If JT wanted to play for City he surely would have already come out and said so by now. He's playing us off against Chelsea and that puts him in control. Just like Eto'o. I would prefer City to be in the driving seat. There's plenty more fish in the sea as me mam liked to say. City's future does not depend on signing JT or Eto'o. It will be determined by recruiting the best that we can as quickly as we can. Whoever they may be. imo.

Personally I would be more inclined to hang on longer for Sammy than Terry as i think he is more likely to join and a more major signing - frankly would love em both, what a statement that would be, but take your point a double rejection would be bad too

I wonder if we could try to chip in a diamond-encrusted custom-made Umbro face mask perhaps he'd come quicker?

GStar said:
mcfc_die_hard said:
smiles said:
cmon JT, grow some and make a statement of your intent!

i agree ! Come on terry grow some fuckin bollocks and tell everyone where you wanna play you fucking pussy

Well, if that doesn't change his opinion, i think we're out of ideas!

The thing is i want him to be a city player as much as every other city fan. But he is pissing me off he could make a statement right now if he wanted to but hes cowarding away from whatever it is and he needs to put this to bed.

Cityisland said:
K.Reeves right foot said:
OK - brief summary:

In a nut shell, Ancellotti HAD to say in press conference that Terry cannot leave Chelsea becasue CFC know that the fans idolise him.
Therefore, they NEED JT to look as if he himself is engineering the move and CFC come out looking the inncoent party.
The interesting thing was about the POWER JT has at CFC - he holidays on Romans yacht and in any organisation, a new boss has to have more power than all the workers, and JT has too much power at CFC which Ancellotti won't like. Seems JT had big falling out with Mouroinhio and thats part of the reason he left the club - hence the perception that JT holds a disproportionate ammountof power at the club.

Add this to JT being 29/30, injury prone and Dennis believes now is the time to cash in - ONLY if CFC can as said before make it look like they had done everything in theoir powwer to keep him [too appease the fans] similar to what Burlesconni did with Kaka.

Thirdly, it may be the time for JT to leave, considering his age, injury record, it may be the last time he gets a big offer like this and if we don't get him now we may not make another offer next year.............................

All in all, this guy may be talking bullshit, but does seem informed by people within CFC and his conclusion was that JT could be a city player fairly soon, not def, noone knows that but he seemed to strongly lean to us getting him.........

make of it what you will..............................................................

Who was saying this on Talksport mate?

Mark Dennis ,mate, standing in for Townsend this morning along side parry....think he's from NoTW or something....

mcfc_die_hard said:
GStar said:
mcfc_die_hard said:
smiles said:
cmon JT, grow some and make a statement of your intent!

i agree ! Come on terry grow some fuckin bollocks and tell everyone where you wanna play you fucking pussy

Well, if that doesn't change his opinion, i think we're out of ideas!

The thing is i want him to be a city player as much as every other city fan. But he is pissing me off he could make a statement right now if he wanted to but hes cowarding away from whatever it is and he needs to put this to bed.

With all due respect, none of us have a fucking clue what is going on behind closed doors. What difference does a public statement make if things are happening?

terry training with chelsea today but still no offical comment from either chelsea or terry this is so weird are they waiting for city's 3rd bid or is he just trying to get a new deal at chelsea? if i was city i would put a offical bid in for lucio just to force john terry's hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.